Stand-Alone Chapter: Nabi Vergara

Stand Alone Chapter:
Nathaniel Bridgette "Nabi" Vergara

"You don't want to spend the night with me?"

Even in between their kisses and touch Nabi could hardly make herself respond to the man standing with her in the front porch of her house." Thanks sa paghatid. I thought you still have a party to go to?"

"Sumama ka na lang samin para gumala." The guy gave Nabi a last kiss, while his eyes is surveys her dimly-lit house." Wala naman dito ang Dad mo para pagbawalan ka pa. So it can just be the two of us, princess."

Nabi tried to push the door upon hearing the guys request ." Sheena is asking me for a favor."

The guy grimace holding the door." Ikaw? Busy?"

"Don't call me princess."Nabi steps back on the shadows, she push harder again. She wants to be left alone!" Umalis ka na, may gagawin pa ako ----at may kasama ako sa taas."

She just want her peace back tonight,

No mother to nag her nor companions to lie to her. Not even men to take advantage of her. Nabi just want to clear her head, she just want to ignore all those damn texts and calls. Kaso kahit sa pag-abot na lang niya ng ipad niya para magpatugtog ng playlist ay nanginginig pa ang kamay niya.

When she let herself fall on bed, she hug the doll beside her.

"Did you do everything right, Nabi?" There was a beep. A screeching sound, then female voice ask Nabi in a stern tone. " Wala na ba talaga bawat sulok?"

"I'm sure of it so don't make me think!! Nabi covered her face because of cruel questions she's receiving." Ayaw kong pati reputation ko masira!"

"Do you even know what to do?"

"Sheena is already helping me!"

"May utang na loob ka na naman sa kanya."Pawang mga salitang parang lason ang naririnig ni Nabi." You were not even her friend before and even now."

Nabi kicks her legs anxious." Nagkusa siyang tulungan ako, hindi ako nagmakaawa!"

Nabi's companion laugh twistedly." She was supposed to your rival! You're the popular girl and she's the loner! Ikaw dapat ang natatanging art genius sa inyo! You could have surpass Sheena when she became the pitiful outcast this school year! Pero isa ka rin sa mga siraulo!"

"I am better than her! That's why she's helping me!"

"Go fool yourself, Nabi!"

"She just need to me get something from that guy in IT Dept! Oo, yun yung assumption ko bakit niya kailangan ang lalakeng yun. Ano pa bang ipapagawa ni Sheena sa kanya? Mag-p-paint? Malamang hindi!! Sheena's being pestered by gross people online, and she just needs him for it!"

"Sheena's just using you---- she hates you."

Nabi scoffs." "I painted her. She loved my art."

Her companion chuckled." "So you painted her again and again?"

"What about it? She's beautiful and distinct. Ang tangkad niya! Pinagsabay niya ang pagiging sporty at elegant sa body built niya. Ang smooth at puti ng complexion niya." Nabi started to bite her lip and claw her doll." Her face is small. Chinita ang mata niya. It's both innocent and cunning---Sheena is just a perfect muse to look at forever!"

"Aren't you that beautiful too, Nabi?"

"This isn't about me...And you know about Sheena's damn personality?! All her introverted traits and hobbies? Nalilimutan na lang ng yan dahil sa talim ng dila niya." Nabi narrated as she glance at her messy room ---- all that is cared for is the canvas where she painted her beloved muse." "Everybody knows she's different. People are drawn to her! And so I am!"

"It is about you."

Nabi shook her head." Who else am I living for then?"

"Your life is yours to live, your paintings are yours to decide." Malamig na sagot ng kasama niya." Palagi ka na lang umaasa sa iba, sila na lang lagi ang subjects ng artwork mo.Hindi na ako, hindi na kami."

Nabi pulled on the doll." Alangan puro insects,flowers at manika, ha?"

Patuloy na pinagmasdan ni Nabi ang vintage doll na niregalo sa kanya ni Sheena. Nakangiti ba ito o nakasimangot?" If you want to live on a fairytale, don't use real people as your fucking reference. You'd forget the line between reality and fantasy, you stupid bitch."

"Take that back."

"You're stupid, you're insane. Sheena would just lea------"

"Damn you! I'm not! I won't be found out! Sheena would keep my secret!" Malakas na tinanggal ni Nabi ang ulo ng manika gamit mahahabang buhok nito. Using her small hands she clawed inside the doll's head until she's on its deepest crevice, pulling a small transparent packet. Nang makuha niya yun ay ibinalibag niya ang ulo ng manika sa dulo ng kanyang kwarto." It doesn't matter for Sheena if I would take a drug or two! Heck, it's not like she can beat me in art with or without it! She doesn't have anyone left so she wouldn't leave me!"

Laughter drowns the room." If you say so, Nabi."

Nabi bit her lip, bolting towards the toilet with the packet in her hand. Flushing everything down." Eto na yung huli, I don't have anything left, okay?"

"Fuck! What the hell are you calling for?! Huwag kang tumawag kung hindi ka si Sheena!" Histerikal na sabi ni Nabi nang sa hawak ay sinagot na niya ang cellphone niya at sabay itong ihagis." I don't need you, I won't take drugs anymore. Ayoko na, please tama na."

Nabi kept sobbing." B-Bakit niyo ako dinamay sa ganto?"

Her door open, revealing her mother. " Nabi, anong oras ka na nakauwi?"

"Mas nauna ulit sayo,if its not so obvious Mom! I don't want dinner."Nabi replied as she tries to hide her face. "Ang raming inasikaso sa school kanina.Just say goodnight and leave, Mom."

"If you're not feeling well, you can skip school tomorrow." Mungkahi ng ginang." Naasikaso mo pa ang sarili mo? You shouldn't throw the life you have just because of me and your father, young lady."

Nabi laugh bitterly, as she pick up the beheaded doll from across the room. Matamlay siyang bumalik sa kama niya at nahiga kasama ang manika."...I'm planning to skip school in the first place."

"Also, Nabi... Who were you talking to?"

Author's Note:

Stand-alone chapters do not follow the timeline of regular chapters; events that would occur in this section may be scenes that already happened in the past or plotlines that would happen in the future.