Chapter 20-III

Chapter 20-III

"Just an old friend, why do you ask?"

Percival gaze was hollow, and seemingly out of impulse he glance at the blazing fire while still holding one of my oldest drawing.Pero sa huli ay maayos niya sa akin iyong inabot. Napasanday na lang siya sa may konkretong parte ng rooftop railings." A friend older than Ralph or Ellie?"

Napangiti ako sa patuloy niyang pagtatanong." Yes, much older."

His questions persisted," When you were elementary?"

"Naging iisa ang advisory class namin ni Ralph nung Grade 6 ako, saka lang kami naging magkaibigan kahit kakilala ko na siya nung Grade 3 kami. At si Ellie naman naging magkaklase kami nung bumalik ako ng first year highschool." I explained to him as I hug my knees out of both amusement and cold." While this guy, we met each other when I was almost 12. He's a student of my mother. Just that. Nothing out ordinary about us. He's older than me, but he have a kid's face."

"...You burn this didn't you?" Tanong ni Percival.

"And your evidence would be?" Ngisi ko.

Percival gulp, he started grimacing. He breathed in and out before looking at star filled skies. Wala siyang sabi-sabing inabot ang kamay ko, mahigpit ang pagkakahawak niya sakin na parang bang gusto niya akong magising." Aside from him. Are there really a lot of people in your lives that you keep as a secret? Mga tao sa past mo na hindi kilala o nalaman man lang nila Ralph o Ellie? At kahit ng mga parents mo, Sheena?"

For once, the coldness of Percival's hand isn't noticeable. Napailing na lang ako sa concern niya." Don't make it sounds so bad, I'm not a troublemaking girl. I just accept a lot of people. But they're not as weird as you are--- hindi sila nagpapakilalang painting ko o magdedesisyon na boyfriend ko sila."

"You'd trust anyone?"

"Of course not--- why do you think I'm like this to you?"

Percival was almost holding his breath." I can't understand you, Sheena."

I laugh when he said he can't, when he always acts as if he can reads me." You're already inside my head, but you can't understand me?"

He nodded, his hands let go of of mine. Napahilamos siya ng mukha niya." So you're past is more mysterious than any of us could imagine. And if you mistrust and hate me that much there are people that could just be worse right? Mga taong gugustuhin ka talagang saktan."

Muli na lang akong nagkibit balikat. I pour myself more cocoa." Probably. But it doesn't bother me. As long as I still count who they are.Just like that stalker--- or that person online, MatthaeusXXVII that flamed me nonstop. I would do something about it, just give me time."

Percival whispered." Just that?"

I raised my brow, and inch my face closer to him." And you'll protect me, right?"

"I would, I'll give my life to you, Sheena." Percival responded, his eyes glistening with tears and emotion because of my provocations and reliance to him. Napasanday ang ulo ko sa balikat niya." I'm yours to use, I'm here to make you wishes come true."

He made me smile this time." I'd do the same, I'd protect you too, Percival."

I feel him hold back his chuckle, he was relieved." Thank you, Hon."

"I mean what else could I use my body and all my gifts for? Huh? I also love helping people, I also want to be fearless in this world. All alone and with others." Natutuwang pagpaliwanag ko, perhaps because of the mixture of cold weather, warm fire and my crazy heart I just ecstatic." Hey, even if it's you. I could give the world to you. I could kill people for you."

"That's too cruel..." He responded."I won't ask you that."

"You won't? Why not?" Sinubukan kong tanungin siya ng hindi nawawala ang kontrol sa boses ko. Because now he's letting his Ralph-like side come out. Baka nasobrahan na passion at fantasy ang mga sinasabi ko." Even if the time come it won't be a joke, would you think that?"

Percival eyes widen." I don't want you to hurt people..."

I just close my eyes." That's so boring, Percival."