Chapter 7 - SUGGESTION

Ares Young

Ever since I was a kid, I always got bored quickly. Nothing and no one can hold my attention for long because they're all predictable. My parents hated that side of me, and it pissed them off so bad that they didn't even bother to care anymore.

At first, I thought Leila was one of them. Her gray eyes hooked me and her ways of facing problems like she had zero issues, but somehow, she intrigued me more every time I saw her.

After being told that she's a masochist, her eyes glitch. If I weren't paying attention to her that much, I wouldn't be able to notice. Then, when she started looking around, her hands were beginning to tremble, giving me a sign of anxiety and stress. Not only that, but she seemed lost for a split second.

Not because I trapped her here, but somehow, it reminded her of something hard to process: how to run away. She looked like she had decided what to do, but her body betrayed her.

It seemed normal to me at first, but seeing her in this state again made me think that she experienced this so often.

"Leila," I called her name, and she snapped her head to me. Her gray eyes were filled with fear, and her hands kept trembling.

"Put on the helmet, and I'm taking you back." She looked at the helmet blankly. I grabbed it and put it on her. I picked her up and put her on the bike. I got on and drove back towards her apartment.

When it comes to her, I have a lot of questions. After seeing her past, some things didn't add up-especially her relationship with her brother, Luke Morrow, who happened to be The Ravens' member.

Luke left her when she was only thirteen, and he never looked back. From the information that I got, they only met again twice since that day. She loathed him, but I know he checks on her occasionally.

"Here you go." She took off the helmet.

"Keep it, and you'll use it whenever we go out." She pouted, and I helped her get off the bike. "You should take it, I don't want to-"

"Don't tempt me." With that, she ran into the building. My phone rang, and it was Kayden.

"What's up, loser?"

"Are you coming or what?" I checked the time, and it's 4 in the morning.

"Be right there in 15, Grant." I ended the call and drove to the airport. Kayden, Tatiana, and Mason will be going to Miami to a Tech Expo. I don't know why the fuck Mason wanted to go this early when we can go later in the afternoon.

"Mr.Young. Your sister will be there too. She texted you on your other phone." Tim greeted me, and I threw my bike key to him. He grabbed my helmet and gave me my tablet.

"Send Katia to watch Leila for me," I told him.

"Yes, sir. Anything else?"

"No." I got into the plane and smiled at Tatiana.

"Hi, Princess. Have you filed for divorce yet?" Mason chuckled as I sat beside him, facing Kayden himself. I ignored his glare and smiled widely at Tatiana.

"I'll never divorce Kayden, Ares."

"Why not? I'm a better catch than him. Divorce him and marry me, Princess." Kayden almost grabbed my collar, but Tatiana stopped him.

"Where were you?" Mason asked.

"He's been busy these days," Kayden smirked.

"Busy thinking ways to kill you so I can marry Tatiana." He rolled his eyes, and Tatiana shook her head. She was fed up with me pissing off Kayden.

"What do you know about Luke Morrow?" My question fascinated him because his face lit up like fucking flashlight.

"And why are you asking me about Luke Morrow?"

"Just answer the question, fucker!"

"Be nice, Ares!" Tatiana glared at me.

"I didn't know much about Luke, but he's pretty fucked up in the head. When he became one of the Ravens, I was already left. And why suddenly you're interested in him? I'm pretty sure he's not gay." He knew about my taking an interest in Leila because there was no way I was going after Luke.

"Is that why you have always gone for the past two days?" Mason said.

"I never knew you were keeping tabs on me, Calland. I'm so touched." Tatiana giggled, and I smiled, turning to her.

"Ariana will come to the expo," Kayden mentioned, and I leaned my body back to my seat.

"She can go to hell." My relationship with Ariana is very complicated from the start. We couldn't stand each other, we fought a lot, we both were very competitive, but the difference between her and me was she didn't hesitate to ask for help when I would never ask her for help.

"Why are we going to Miami this early?" Kayden asked Mason, who was busy looking at his phone.

"Do you have a girlfriend in Miami?" Tatiana threw a question, making Mason turn his head up to her. "You do!" She gasped.

"Shut up." He hissed.

"Don't make me fucking kill you, Mason. That's my wife that you're talking to!"

"Mason will have a girlfriend when the ocean turns pink," I said dramatically, and Mason ignored my remarks.

After more than six hours, we got to Miami. The first thing that I did was to check on Leila. She was not in her apartment, so I turned on the face detector to see where she was. My eyes caught her trying to apply for a job.

Ares: Good luck looking for jobs, Wildcat.

She took her phone out and checked it. I smiled, seeing her reaction. She looked around like a meerkat, trying to find me.

Leila: Fuck you. I'm going to find a job.
Ares: You can dream.
Leila: You'll see.

Her confidence is adorable, and I can't wait for her to try her hardest.

"You giggled like a crackhead," Mason said as I got on my bike. Tim needs a raise for sending my other motorcycle here. I put on my helmet and gave him a middle finger.

My phone vibrates, and it's Leila.

Leila: Thinking about being an escort, what do you think?
Leila: There's a club called Red Roses.

I gripped my phone so tight that it might break soon.

Ares: Like fuck you will.