Chapter 23 - QUESTIONS

Leila Morrow

I've been restless for the past three days. I was having difficulty sleeping, knowing Ares was still not waking up. I went to New York to find Luke and swore in front of my face that I never wanted to see him again.

"You hated me for it when you know damn well Ares is a copy of me. You're fucking pathetic, Leila." I wanted to punch him badly, but he grabbed my hand, dragging me into his office building when ten guards intervened.

They saved me from Luke and brought me back to Seattle. I know who they were because I saw the identical black combat suits in the Bloodhounds headquarters. They brought me back to the mansion and made sure I stayed there.

I kept looking at my phone to see if Ares had texted me, but none. I was so worried and stressed that I almost had a panic attack. Tim called me in time, and he told me that he was picking me up to see Ares.

"He's awake, but he's in a sticky situation, so I'm bringing you to him, Ms.Morrow." I waited for him before the gate because I couldn't wait to see him. Tim picked me up and went straight to the headquarters.

When the car stopped at the lobby, I saw Asher and Ana. They were arguing about something as Tim led me inside. Both of them turned to me, but they ignored my existence. I followed Tim down to the medical center, and Ares was already waiting for me. The guards gave us away, and I ran to him. He smiled and opened his arms.

"You're okay!" I squealed.

"I'm fine, wildcat. Asher turned me into a sleeping beauty for the past three days. Good to see you again." I pulled away to look at him from head to toe.

"Are you okay? Did it hurt somewhere?"

"Other than having bruises everywhere, I'm fine. I should give you too." I glared at him as he plastered his face with a cheeky grin.

"You're still an asshole even when you're sick." He cupped my face and kissed me.

"I know, right." He brought me into the medical center, where he sat on his hospital bed.

"I can't get out of here until I'm fully recovered because Asher is a shitface." He lay on the bed while holding my hand tightly, "You look tired." I let out a sigh.

"I have restless nights."

"Why? Are you worried about me?"

"No." I lied. I don't want to admit that I'm worried about him.

"Did you go to New York to kill Luke?"

"I wish."

"Why?"

"He hurt people." He hurt you.

"He hurt me, wildcat." He pointed at himself.

"Yeah."

"So tomorrow is your first day of working again." Right, "You still owe me seven stories left since I gave all your friends their job back."

"You did?" He nodded.

"You'll be working with them again tomorrow but still owe me that seven stories, or I'll fire them again and never let them get any job." I squealed and hugged him.

"Thank you."

"How about living in the mansion? Is there anything that you don't like? Tell me, I'll let Tim know so he can find people to fix it." For the past three days, it made me curious.

It made me think about why he did everything he did for me. I'm not his girlfriend, and I'm just a girl who threw two cups of Coke to his face because he's an asshole. Did he do all of this to annoy my brother? Was he just curious about me since he told me he'd get rid of me after everything?

"What is it?" He snapped me from my thoughts.

"What?"

"What are you thinking?"

"Why did you buy a house, Ares?" I asked.

"Why you don't like it? I bought the entire neighborhood, pick one, and we'll move there." Jesus Christ.

"I asked you why... I'm not saying that I didn't like it."

"So you like it?"

"Ares, don't try to change the topic." I hissed, and he raised his eyebrows.

"I don't know."

"You don't know?"

"Do I need a reason for everything that I do?" He doesn't understand it, does he? That's what I found out about Ares. Ares always does things spontaneously. He doesn't overthink something. He does whatever he wants until he finds a reason to stop or to continue. He doesn't think about the consequences or the other person.

He only does things because he wants to. He only does things because he can get away with anything in life.

He only sees me as something that intrigued him. He doesn't see me as someone who can communicate two ways with him. He treated me as one of his property or maybe as his doll. He's figuring out where to put me next.

"What do you want, Ares?"

"I want you to ride me?" I knew he was joking, but I'm not in the mood to joke around. I'm sick of playing his game.

"Kick everyone out and close the windows." I smiled as I teased him by putting my index finger on his chest. His face fell, and it was a jackpot for me.

He wanted me to resist. That's why he kept going. If I agree to everything that he wants, he would put me in the same category as all the previous women that he's been with.

"What are you waiting for? Tell everyone to leave so that we can fuck." And again... he looked at me weirdly.

"Why?" He asked.

"Do I need a reason for everything that I do?" I mocked him with the same response that he gave me earlier.

"Leila." I walked away from him and told all the doctors and nurses in that medical center to leave. They immediately went, and I locked the doors and closed all the windows. I turned to Ares, who was looking at me weirdly.

"Take off your pants," I said as I walked to him.

"What's wrong with you?" He asked, and I ignored his question by taking my shirt off. He grabbed my hand, pulling me towards him because he was mad.

"You want me to ride you? I'm giving you what you want," I said innocently that it pissed him off.

"You're angry because I bought you a mansion? Is that it?"

"I don't know what you're talking about because I'm just doing a favor for you. I'm giving you sex since you want it so much."

"Leave."

"Yes, Mr.Young."