Chapter 17 - TEACH

Leila Morrow

My dad always told me never to piss off my brother because he's like a walking bomb. He's not the type of person who can get over something. He holds grudges and will make people for what they did.

I tried to get off Ares' lap, but he held me tighter, looking straight at Luke, who was contemplating how to kill Ares. Now that I know they are not friends, I'm scared.

I don't care about both of them, and they can kill each other.

"Now that the asshole of the Morrow is here, let me warn you." I turned to Ares in horror because no one warned or told my brother what to do.

"Don't fucking show up in front of Leila when you didn't even fucking care for her. It's been a decade since you saw her, so don't even show up again and act like a good brother you are. Telling her to stay away from me is like wishing for a cat to bark." Oh no.

"In case you didn't know, I made her move in with me because I'm that obsessed with her." He turned to me for a moment and turned back to Luke.

"Stop it." I laughed awkwardly at Ares and pushed him away. He let me sit beside him, and Ares leaned back in his seat, looking at Luke the same way Luke was looking at him.

"Your call, Young." I knew that look too well.

"If you kill him, you'll never see me and Mom again." Luke didn't even bother to turn to me, "Don't pretend to care about me when you only see me as a property, Luke." He turned to me, raising a brow.

"This will be our last time seeing each other, and you did a great job not seeing me for a decade. Then you should continue not to see me." I could feel my heart hurting.

This was my first time seeing his face after ten years, and I almost forgot his appearance. I didn't even recognize him on the news that I had to ask. His absence was significant in my life, and he left me like it was the easiest thing to do for him.

We were grieving, and he left me when I was not ready to let him go.

Tears filled my eyes, and I tried not to show it to him. I took an intense breath before looking into the same gray eyes as mine, "I know that you and Ares aren't that different, but he is never afraid to show me his worst. He showed me all of him when you're scared, even to let me see a small part of you."

"Never appear in front of me again, Luke. You should continue whatever you did to me since that day." When I saw his grey eyes showed a glimpse of emotion, he got up from his seat.

"I'll deal with you without her."

"She's not the only one, isn't she?" Ares stated, causing me to turn to him, "You left two people, thinking that you're saving them when it's the other way around." Who?

"Make sure you close your windows at night, Young. I'll fucking kill you one day." With that, he left and never looked back.

"Who?" I asked Ares curiously. Ares grabbed my cup of coffee, inhaling all of it.

"Is it Valerie?" I asked, and he pointed at his lips, wanting a kiss. I gave him a peck, and he glared at me.

"Your brother just hit me with his damn car, and you only gave me a peck for it?" He cursed under his breath every time he moved his body.

"Shouldn't you be in the hospital?"

"I was."

"Then why are you here?"

"The asshole was coming for you, I need to save your cute little ass, wildcat." For the first time, I was grateful that he was here. I don't think I'll be able to face my brother alone.

"Who? You said he left two people?" He pointed at his lips again.

"Last chance, wildcat." I kissed him and cupped his face to deepen the kiss. I pulled away, and he smirked but winced in pain.

"Fucking Luke."

"Who?"

"You will never stop asking, huh?"

"Yes."

"Kimberly Paxton. The second person that he left was her." Kimberly is the last person on earth I think about when I think about the previous person Luke left for revenge.

Luke hates Kimberly. She's a bully, a bitch, a fucking menace to society, and the person that I wanted to kill when I was in junior high. Luke hates her and never even glances at her. She's beautiful and rich, but that's it. She threw herself at every dick that was available in front of her.

"Why? You thought it would be Valerie?" Ares asked, and I nodded.

"Luke is using Kim for sex now." I was speechless.

"Then you should explain why he killed her fiance, kidnapped her, and put her in a dungeon somewhere around New York." What? What the fuckery fuck did I just hear?

"What?" I looked at Ares entirely in disbelief.

"Kimberly bullied me when I was in junior high. She's so mean that I wanted to kill her."

"Then I'll kill her for you." Jesus Christ.

When Ares planned to get up, he was groaning in pain. I can't believe that he's here after my brother crashed him. I linked my arm around him, helping him to stand up. I paid for my coffee and walked him out.

"Let's go home." He said, and for the first time, the word home felt weird. I never considered a place home, not after what happened.

"Fuck!" Tim opened the door, and Ares gestured for me to get into the car first. I got in, and Ares slowly sat down.

"Mr.Young, you should return to the headquarters to get treated," Tim suggested.

"No, just drive home."

"Which one?" Tim asked.

"The fucking house, Tim." He hissed, and I smacked him.

"Be nice!" I looked at Tim, mouthing sorry. He smiled and closed the door.

"You should return to school and learn to be nice to people." He closed his eyes as he gripped my hand tightly.

"You can teach me that."