Chapter 24 - LITTLE WILDCAT

Leila Morrow

"Leila!" Jaz squealed when she saw me entering our waiting room. She ran to me and gave me a big hug.

It's been three weeks since I lost my job. I've been missing because working is such a stress reliever.

"Glad to see that you're back." I pulled away and let out a long sigh, "It was a long journey.."

"Let's get to work, and the team will arrive in ten minutes." I quickly grabbed my camera and tripod out. I didn't forget to bring my extra batteries, too. I walked outside and stood near the parking lot where all the players would arrive.

When the players walked in, I greeted them and took pictures for the PR team. This is when I realized that I love my job so much that it made me so happy to be back. After sending some of the photos I picked, I went straight to the field where they would go out and train.

As I walked up to the lower bowl, my eyes caught the man who should be resting on a hospital bed. He leaned his body to the railing, waiting for me. His eyes were not happy, and he was pissed or annoyed.

I don't want to know.

He and Luke deserved a punch in the face and have the earth swallow them alive so there's more peace in the world.

"What do you want?" I asked him as I walked up, turning my body around to take pictures of the empty field.

"The right question is, what's wrong with you, wildcat? Is my little wildcat pissed because I didn't answer your question?" I could feel him behind me, but I ignored his presence by taking photos.

"Don't make me break your leg by pushing you down." He gave a low chuckle as he put his hands on my waist.

"Kinky... I love it. Will you ride me after?" I elbowed his stomach and turned my head around, annoyed at him.

"Get off my stadium, I'm working." I saw my friends walking into the field with their cameras, ready to capture the moment of all the players warming up. Ares leaned close to my ear.

"Don't tempt me to wipe all those happy faces by giving them another great news that they'll be jobless for life. Be nice, wildcat."

Poppy and Jax were looking for me, and their eyes were scanning the lower bowl. When they found me, I waved at them awkwardly. Poppy's eyes widened when he saw Ares standing behind me. I gestured for her to wait.

"Why are you here?" I asked.

"I want to check on my wildcat. Is she behaving on her first day of work?"

"And I'm sure you're busy since you're running a multi-million-dollar worth of businesses," I said with sarcasm, knowing damn well he hates it.

"I'm a billionaire, wildcat. Don't hurt my feelings by telling me I'm a millionaire." I rolled my eyes and walked down towards the field. I'm not ready to deal with him, especially after yesterday.

I ran towards Jaz and Poppy, who were ready to take pictures. I kneeled to put my camera on the ground, and I needed another angle since Jaz and Poppy had already taken the left and right sides. I concentrated on my work, but I could feel the hole behind my head.

"Leila, it's been so long since we saw you." I turned to see Robert and Hector walking to me with their bats.

"Yeah, it's been three weeks. How are you guys?" I had already met them earlier, but they were rushing inside because they were late, so after they finished warming up, they had a couple of minutes to spare before continuing their practice.

"We're good." Robert smiled, and he patted Hector with the back of his hand.

"I was wondering if you're free tonight. I want to take you to dinner." Hector smiled, "He has been waiting for this day." Robert added.

"I would love to." Hector turned to Robert and hugged him, causing me to chuckle.

"If you want to end up in a hospital with two broken arms and kiss your baseball career goodbye, you can date her." Ares stood beside me, and Hector looked at him in horror. He turned to me for a split second before Robert dragged him away.

"Way to go. You just ruined my chance to have a boyfriend." I hissed as I took photos of them running back to the field. He said nothing, and I turned to see if he was already gone. He crashed his lips to mine, wrapping his arm around my waist.

"You seem to like having a status, wildcat. Since you like it so much, then I'll be your boyfriend. I'm better than Hector."

"No, thanks." I pushed him away. He wrapped his arms around my body from the back, putting his head on my shoulder. He breathed against my skin as one of his hands slipped into my shirt.

"It's been a while since I fuck you, huh? I want to mark you all over the place so bad that everyone knows you're mine." I tried to push him away, but he tightened his grip.

"Where's my bold wildcat? If I tell you to ride me here, will you?" I turned to him in disbelief, and he grabbed my chin, making me look at Hector.

"Talk to him again, and I'll break his arms and legs. I'll make sure you watch as I do it." He whispered into my ear. My heart stopped beating for a split second.

"He's famous, and you'll get in trouble." I turned to him, and he let out a sinister chuckle. My whole body froze as he kissed my lips slowly.

"You're adorable when you're worried. Keep your eyes and attention on me, wildcat. Or I'll dirty your hands with their blood." He stood up straight.

"I've been nothing but nice to you. If you dare to defy me and have your attention on another man besides me, I'll show you my wrath." He let me go.

"Be a good girl, my little wildcat." He winked before walking away.