Chapter 38 - RUIN

Leila Morrow

The music. The lights. The vibes. The alcohol. Everything was perfect.

After taking one shot in her home bar, she asked me if I wanted to have fun. I told her that it's been so long since I went to a club. Ariana gestured for me to wait, and she was gone for ten minutes.

After that, she dragged me to her room to change into a dress. Ariana gave me one of her new dresses. It's a white mini-dress with thin straps. The dress was so short, but it's cute. Ariana changed into a strapless light grey mini-dress. She looked so stunning wearing it.

She wiped her currently pink lipstick and changed it into a dark red. She gestured for me to use any of her makeup if I wanted to change anything or touch my makeup. I thanked her, and she texted someone.

"Are you sure we can go out without them knowing?"

"Kaleb is talking to Mom, and my dad will lure Ares with him. Let's go!" We escaped her house with her car from the back gate. She drove us towards the central district and stopped before a massive club.

She gave her car key to the valet service, and she talked to the guards in Chinese. She grabbed my hand and led me in. The club was so big; there were four floors total, and Ariana brought me to the bar. We ordered some drinks, and when I took a sip, I was blown away.

The alcohol tasted so good tonight.

She leaned her back to the bar table, scanning the room. I saw some men were already looking at her. It would be weird if none of them looked at her. She's beautiful, and she looked mysterious in a way that I can't describe.

She's a seductress, that's the word.

She knew what she was doing, and she loved the attention that she was getting. I ordered two shots and gave one to Ariana. We drank it in one go, and she ordered another. Her eyes roamed the room as if she were looking for someone. She didn't even notice our drinks already came out.

"Your drink."

"I'm going to get laid tonight." She grabbed her drink from my hand, sipping it before walking towards the dance floor. I'm pretty sure Kaleb will have a killing spree tonight, and it seems Ariana doesn't give a fuck about it.

I decided to sit at the table near the window with my drink.

"Never thought Ariana Young would bring her beautiful friend tonight." My head turned to where the voice came from, and a handsome Chinese man smiled widely at me.

"You know, Ariana?" I raised my eyebrows skeptically.

"Anderson Chen, Fred's brother. Fred is Ariana's fiance." Right. He put his hand in front of me, and I took it.

"Leila." I introduced myself.

"How do you know Ariana?" He asked straight away.

"I'm dating her brother Ares." When I mentioned Ares' name, he looked like he had heard the wrong word. His eyes were trying to find out if I was lying or not.

"Sorry. This is my first time hearing that The Ares Young has a girlfriend. Where is he?" He looked around.

"He's not here." That's when he laughed.

"It means he doesn't care about you." I was about to leave when the whole electricity got cut off, not only the club but all the buildings around the club. People were confused by the sudden blackout. I took a deep breath to calm myself down.

When the lights turned on again, Anderson was gone.

I decided to find Ariana on the dance floor, but she was nowhere to be found. I took my phone out and dialed her phone number. Thank God she gave it to me earlier, or I'll be in trouble. The music started to play, and people continued to dance again.

I was so worried for Ariana that I decided to try to look for her. I went up to the fourth floor, and there were so many private rooms. I kept calling her, but no answer.

"Ariana." I tried to call her. Hopefully, she'll hear me. I want to know if she's okay. Kaleb is not here, so I'm scared a random creepy guy took her away.

"Is this how you give me hell?" I gasped when I heard Ares' voice behind me.

"You scared me!" His eyes fell on my dress, looking at me with his signature annoyed look.

"I need to find Ariana." I continued my journey to find Ariana. Ares followed me, walking right behind me. "Call her. I've tried to call her, but she's not answering."

"We're flying back to Seattle in one hour." He stated, and I ignored him. My number one priority for now is to find Ariana. After being unable to see her on the fourth floor, I went back down.

"You can go back to Seattle first. I'm going to get laid here." I said without looking at him.

"Good idea. Let's do that before going back to Seattle." He said, and I turned to him, smiling confidently. Let's see if he can commit to his own words. He said he's letting me go, right?

He sat on an empty table, opening it to everyone. Girls recognized him and started seated beside him. He put his arms around their shoulders, smirking at me proudly. I walked towards the dance floor, with my back facing him. I started to dance with a couple of men before settling on a cute man with glasses.

I put one hand on his shoulder and moved my body against him. He gripped my waist, guiding me to the song's rhythm. I wrapped my arm around his neck.

"What's your name?" He asked nervously.

"Leila. You?"

"Ray."

"Let's go upstairs," I whispered in his ears and kissed his cheek. He grabbed my hand and led me to the fourth floor. I didn't even bother to look back to see Ares' reaction.

Ray was about to kiss me before entering one of the private rooms when suddenly Ares wrapped his hand around my neck, pinning me to the wall. Ray was shocked, and he tried to pull Ares' hand away from me.

My eyes met his dark brown ones.

"Don't ruin my fun for tonight. You're welcome to watch if you want." I smirked, proud of myself. We barely got into the room, but I decided to trigger Ares more. I opened the zipper of the dress on the side of my body. It's facing Ray, so if Ares doesn't stop me, Ray will get a good view of my breast.

Ares brought me to the private room, locked the doors, and I zipped my dress up.

"Sit down," I said to him, pointing at the sofa. I stood leaning to the wall, glaring at him.

"Sit down, Ares." He sat down, and I crossed my arms in front of my chest.

"Since you've been such an asshole, let's settle everything here." He leaned his body back to the sofa, listening to me.

"I've decided to return to my old life before I met you. I want my freedom back and a new dick to ride. Don't you dare ruin it for me!"