Chapter 44 - KNEEL AND BEG ME

Leila Morrow

Adam smiled at me awkwardly as he turned to both of his siblings. Ariana and Ares were not in the mood to be at his brother's birthday party. Adam's smile fell when he saw none of his siblings smile.

He turned to his parents, seeking comfort, but they couldn't do anything about it.

I kicked Ares' feet, and he started clapping his hands, "Happy birthday." He started singing while glaring at Ariana. Kaleb poked Ariana, and she joined Ares. We all sang him a happy birthday.

Today is the last day of the Young family here in Seattle before returning to Beijing. Adam has been begging his parents to celebrate his birthday here with Ares and Ariana.

Ares might not look happy, but he bought a present for Adam a week in advance. He bought him a golf set because Adam had been ranting about his interest in golf. I always knew that deep down, Ares cared for him.

The Young siblings need time to heal.

"Blow the candle," I said, and Adam nodded.

"Make a wish first, buddy." Kaleb reminded.

"I wish I could be like Ares and Ariana." I saw Ares cursing under his breath. His parents looked at him in horror, and Ariana face-palmed herself. Adam blew the candle and clapped his hands.

"Mama Baba, I want to live in America." The Youngs looked at each other, completely speechless.

"Stay in Beijing, we don't-" I kicked Ares' leg.

"You're not going to live in America," Ariana said.

"I can live with Kaleb, right? You're going to be my brother-in-law, right?" Adam was looking at Kaleb, full of hope.

"He won't be your brother-in-law, Adam. I'm not going to get married to anyone." Ariana said coldly, and Ares smirked, looking at Kaleb. Kaleb was not having it, and he squeezed Ariana's thigh so hard.

"It's time for your present!" I said, and his parents were the first ones to give him. It's a big box wrapped in red wrapping paper. Adam got up and opened it savagely. He gasped when he saw an electric board that he wanted so much.

Adam is very vocal about what he likes and doesn't like, so it's easy for us to know what he wants. He hugged and kissed his parents. I took out my present for him, and he smiled widely.

"Thank you, Leila." He said, and I hugged him, "Happy birthday, Adam." He opened my present, and his eyes widened.

"No way!" I gave him an Apple watch and a coupon to come to America, which caused Ares and Ariana to glare at me.

"Cut the glare if you don't want to sleep outside tonight," I said, and he turned away that second.

"You're the best, Leila. I like you better than Kaleb already!" I smirked at Kaleb, who called the waiter to bring his present.

"No fucking way!" Adam squealed, and he started to jump up and down. "No way!" He turned to Kaleb, who smiled proudly at him.

"You fucking bought him an unreleased GT series?" I chuckled when Ares knew precisely what Adam got. He looked jealous, and I recently discovered that Ares loves games. He has his room for gaming in the headquarters.

"Do you like Leila more?"

"I like you more!" Adam hugged Kaleb tightly, and Kaleb turned to me, smirking arrogantly.

"Where's my gifts?" Adam turned to Ares and Ariana. They both looked at each other, and I kicked Ares' leg. Ares called Tim, and he brought in the golf set that he bought. Adam hugged Ares so tightly, and his eyes filled with tears.

He thanked him, and Ares patted Adam's back several times before pushing him away. Adam proceeded to turn to Ariana, and Ariana took out a black bracelet from her bag and put it on Adam.

"Thank you." He kissed Ariana's cheek, and she nodded. After dinner, we sent them to the airport, and Adam begged his parents to stay, but they didn't let him. They pulled him in, and he pouted. He waved at us.

"He's adorable," I said as Ares wore my helmet.

"Adorable, my ass." I glared at him. He grabbed my hand, leading me to his bike. He gave Kaleb and Ariana a nod as he helped me get on the bike. I waved at them as Ares got on. With that, Ares drove away.

"Where are we going?" We're heading in the opposite direction of our mansion.

"Ares?" He brought me to the Seattle Panoramic View. He stopped his bike and helped me get off first. He took off my helmet, and I walked toward the edge to see the beautiful night view of Seattle.

It's breathtaking.

Ares stood beside me, looking straight at the beautiful view, "When I first came to Seattle, I came here almost every day. I made a promise to myself here." He put his hands in his pockets, "I swore to myself that I'll make this city mine."

"You did it, not only Seattle, but the whole America." He smiled at me for a second before returning to the view.

"Now, I want to make another promise here." I waited for him as he looked far away to the horizon.

"I want to rule the world." I was about to clap my hand when he turned to me, "I want to do it with you by my side." I was speechless, and my chest felt so tight.

"I want you to give the world everything life can offer." He looked nervous because he was having a hard time to breath. "Marry me, Leila Morrow. It's not a question, but a statement."

"So I don't get to say anything in this?" I asked, chuckling. He looked so pale and nervous. I cupped his face, and he put his hands on mine.

"No."

"That sucks." I tsked.

"I know you're planning to say no." I kicked his leg, causing him to groan in pain.

"What was that for?!"

"Ask me nicely, Ares Young. Kneel and beg me to be your wife!" He looked at me, blinking twice. "Kneel and beg, Ares." I smiled.

He knelt and grabbed my hand, "Please marry me, Leila."

"I hear nothing." I teased.

"Please, please... marry me." He whined.

"Ughh... fine."

"Good. Let's go."

"Go, where?"

"Get married." Oh my gosh.