Chapter 22 - RECOVER

Ares Young

"I'm just not in the mood, Serano." I bluntly said it, and Asher looked at me as if I had grown another eye or maybe another nose.

Asher knew me so well to the point that it's fucking creepy. He grabbed an injection from behind him, ready to put it into my IV. He didn't need to tell me what is it, and I knew right away that it would be another dose of me being a sleeping beauty.

"Fuck! Fine!" I raised both arms slowly, even though my whole body hurt severely.

"I didn't spare his life because I'm not in the mood. I'm digging into Leila's past, and killing Luke won't give me any answers." I closed my eyes when I said it, Asher threw the injection to the table, completely pissed.

"Here, I thought you turned into a pussy after meeting Leila." Fucking ridiculous.

"You should look at yourself in the mirror. Explain your relationship with Creed." He's a sucker for her.

"We hate each other. What's there to explain? All we want to do is-"

"You look at her like you can't decide whether you want to kill her or fuck her." I cut him, and he gave me his signature annoyed look.

Asher is obsessed with Anastasia to the point of madness. If there's a rank for obsession, he'll take the first place for it. I'll also want to give him an award for being the most crazy and fucked up stalker. Asher doesn't give two fucks about what Anastasia thinks about him.

Everyone knew she belonged to him, but herself.

She thinks she can get away with shit because Mason is her fiance. She wanted to marry that shithead so severely to avoid Asher, and when everyone knew if a marriage between them happened, it would mean Asher was buried six feet underground.

"Killing her is on my list since fucking her has been done." I glared at him for sharing that information. I know those two screw each other a lot, but sharing those information made me want to gag.

"She wants to marry Mason, Serano. Let her go, she's a fucking headache."

"And you're a fucking pain in my ass. I'm going to clean your fucking mess."

"No."

"I wasn't asking, you fuckface."

"If you kill Luke, I'm helping Ana marry Mason."

"Then I'll kill you three." He's dead serious.

"Three? As in me, Ana, and Mason?"

"No. You, Mason, and fucking Luke."

"You're fucking biased. You picked Ana more than me?" I pretended to be sad, and Asher looked like he would kill me for good.

Speaking of the devil, Ana walked into the room. She ignored Asher's presence and walked over to me.

"We were just talking about you."

"Thank God that you're alive." She pushed her hair to the back of her ear, looking at me from head to toe.

"And why are you here?"

"Checking on you." She grabbed my hand, intertwining our fingers together. My eyes landed on Asher, who was unhappy seeing her touch me.

"I'm desperately in need of a sexy nurse, do you min-"

"Finish that sentence, and I'll stab your heart with a fucking knife, Young," Asher warned me in a minor tone.

"I bought a new lingerie the other day. I'll revisit you wearing it." Ana has always had a death wish.

"Is it see-through?"

"Yes."

"Ana," Asher warned, she turned to him.

"Oh, you're here..." She's the only person who can step on him like he's a bug. Ana despised Asher like he's the most useless shit in the world.

"I don't like Leila." Ana turned her attention back to me as she scratched my hand with her other hand. Her tone was weird. I raised a brow.

"What did you do?"

"She pulled her hair and almost choked her to death," Asher said, and I pushed her hand away. She smirked, knowing damn well it would piss me off.

"Get the fuck out, Creed." I tried to get up, and these two shitheads were looking at me as if I were a clown. I pulled the IV off my skin and grabbed my phone. I walked from the medical center to see guards guarding the whole hallway, preventing me from passing it.

"You need more rest, and I'm not releasing you to the outside world when you're weak as fuck." Asher said, and I turned to see him looking at me coldly. He was holding Ana in one hand; she tried to walk away, but he was holding her hostage.

I called Tim, and he answered immediately, "Bring Leila here. I want to see her."

"I'm impressed by that little Morrow, Young. Very impressed." Ana tried to push him away, but he dragged her towards me as he walked towards me.

"What?"

"She went to New York to see her brother. She cut ties with him for good. Luke didn't take it well. We must send our guards to take Leila back before Luke even thinks about kidnapping her." For once, he's been a good sport.

"You're saving her from The Ravens, yet you didn't even save your sister from one of them. And this one..." He turned to Ana, who seemed to play with fire again.

"Also decided to play with the Ravens." I turned to Ana, who was already avoiding her eyes from Asher.

"Ariana is marrying my dad's old friend's son in Beijing. Kaleb is just her plaything. She's old enough to-"

"Well... her plaything is in Beijing doing God knows what." Well... I predicted that, but I won't intervene even though she asked me to prevent Kaleb from going to Beijing.

"What did you do, Ana?" I asked as my eyes turned to her.

"I didn't do anything."

"You should kill her," I suggested.

"I'm planning to," Asher said, and Mason walked into us. What a fucking great timing.

"Mason! Mason, baby!" Ana squealed, and Mason stood beside me, looking at me from head to toe. He patted my back before turning to Ana, who was trying to get his attention. Asher was holding her like a dog.

"Baby, can you help me please?" Ana begged.

"No."

"Baby, please..."

"No." Ana kicked Mason's thigh, which made Asher chuckle. Asher picked her up on his shoulder, walking away with Ana, screaming for Mason.

"Good to know that you're okay, Young."