Chapter 26 - GOOD IDEA

Ares Young

I've been staring at Leila's face for the past thirty minutes. She fell asleep on me after rounds of fucking her around the house. She asked me to get her a bottle of water, which I did.

This smart wildcat decided to use that time to sleep.

Something that I found out recently is that Leila always needs assurance. She needs status and answers to all her questions. It seemed she never got answers from the past, according to the story she told me.

I've tried to track down the people who caused such trauma.

But Luke already eliminated them. I have questions for Luke, too. I wanted to know why he left Leila and Kimberly. He cut off all contact with them but communicated fine with his mom.

I asked some doctors regarding Leila's condition. It was caused by trauma, she has been struggling for years, and the fact that she's alone pissed me off. I want to kill some people, and Luke is at the top of my list.

I grabbed her hand, and she held it tightly. She even snuggled more to me. Her long jet-black hair covered half of her face, and I pushed it away from her so she could sleep more comfortably.

She opened her eyes and smiled when she saw me. I could feel my heart beating fast just seeing it. She slipped her hand to my cheek, caressing me slowly. She closed her eyes again and continued to sleep.

"I'm going to punish you for that later," I whispered and fell asleep.

"Ares! ARES!" I shot my eyes open and got up at the speed of lightning.

"What? What is it?" I'm so confused. Where is she?

"AH!" She screamed again. I ran to the closet, and she was standing in a corner with two spiders crawling towards her.

"Kill it!" I grabbed my shoes and killed them instantly. She looked at it in horror and ran towards me. She jumped into my arms, looking down to the ground.

"You scared the shit out of me." I carried her out, but she kept looking at where I killed those spiders.

"Please clean that later..." She said as she tried to get down. I held her in place, and she wanted to push me.

"Let me down."

"No." She wiggled herself, but I kept her in place.

"I'm going to be late." I turned to the clock, and it was almost ten. What a miracle for me to wake up this late. I usually never sleep that much.

"I'll take you to the stadium." I put her down, and she grabbed her bags. I changed into my hoodie and sweatpants. I took our helmets and went downstairs. She brought two bags, one for all her purses and one for her camera equipment.

I put her helmet on and grabbed her camera backpack. I made her sit in front of me. I started the bike and dropped her at the stadium. She took off her helmet and looked at me curiously.

"Why do you love riding a bike so much?" She asked as she put her hand out, waiting for me to give her backpack.

"I love it more when you ride me, but good question, wildcat." She glared at me, "Riding a bike gives me the idea of freedom, and you have more control than driving a car." I expected her to nod or tease me, but she smiled. Her grey eyes lit up.

"I like it when you tell me about yourself."

"I like it when you come on my face." She punched my arm, and I pretended to be hurt. I took her backpack off my back and pointed at my lips, wanting her to kiss me. She took a step back.

This woman took a step back.

"Give me a kiss first." She looked around to see if there were people nearby.

"No."

"Then you can kiss your camera goodbye." I put it up, planning to drop it, and the horror look on her face was fun to watch.

"Ares!"

"Kiss me, wildcat. Or I'm dropping it in three, two..." She kissed me, and I gave her the backpack. She glared at me, and I chuckled.

"I'll pick you up when you're finished."

"No need."

"I wasn't asking." With that, she ran inside, and I drove straight to the headquarters to work.

Leila Morrow

"If I were you, I'd marry Ares and live my life as a billionaire wife." I turned to Candice, who sat beside me.

Today is very hot, and we're all not having it. Today's team included me, Candice, Jaz, Eddy, and Troy. Poppy was sent to LA to help with taking photos for Everly Jordan's concert.

"If that's the case, I'll die young." I changed the memory card and turned to Candice. She chuckled and sighed. Her boyfriend is a surgeon, and she's been on edge since last month because he gets more busy daily.

He barely had time for her because he spent so much time in a surgery room. He's a new surgeon, so he had to help other senior doctors.

"Leila, you won't die young."

"My relationship with Ares is pretty complicated. I'm pretty sure he'll get over me in a month, which is in less than a week." I checked the calendar, and she chuckled.

"He's a womanizer, that's not shocking." I always knew Ares was a womanizer, but I haven't seen him with other girls. Or maybe he's been hanging out with other girls when I'm not around.

"You should enjoy it though."

"Enjoy it?" I'm confused with her definition of enjoy.

"Enjoy, as in?"

"Do you like him or not?" She put her camera down, looking at me as if her question was a life-threatening question.

"No."

"Then you should make him hate you so he can let you go faster." What a good idea. "But why don't you like him, though?" She looked at me, confused.

"He's a controlling asshole."

"Then you should do everything that he hates. Spend his money, ruin his bike, cut his hair when he's asleep." What a good idea.

"You're a genius, Candice." I clapped my hands, and she chuckled.

"I bet he'll dump you in a day."

"I should try it later."