Chapter 13 - SLOWLY

Ares Young

I've been with so many women, but none can make me go crazy like Leila did. Ever since she poured me two cokes, she has been invading my mind.

She's not boring, and I always learn something new about her whenever we see each other.

When I found her standing a few feet in front of me, wearing a tight long red dress that molded her body perfectly, a low-cut front that showed her cleavage to the fucking world, and those red lips.

I was fucked.

She looked so beautiful that it made me so angry that other people got to see it before I did. She came unannounced, and Katia did alert me, but I was too busy talking to people. I thought she would stay at her apartment like she used to.

My friends noticed my change, mainly after Franco talked to her and kissed her cheek. I was ready to burn the whole place down, including Kayden and Mason. Tatiana also noticed and decided to help the poor wildcat to get away from me.

"You better drag your wife away from Leila," I said to Kayden, who was amused by my anger. Mason chuckled and patted my shoulder.

"Why so serious, Young?" Mason mocked, and I rolled my eyes. I followed Tatiana's footsteps, and Kayden was behind me. He knew his wife was helping Leila, and he let her, just to see my fucking reaction.

When Leila opened the door and saw me, her face said it all. She was ready to run away, and Kayden quickly grabbed Tatiana out of there.

For the second time, she refused to kneel and beg. She ran away and talked to Franco again. I decided to give the photo of Leo and threatened her about Franco. She bid her goodbyes and ran to the streets, grabbing a cab.

I got on my bike and went straight to her apartment.

I fucked until dawn, and she fell asleep after trying to get rid of me. She always said that I already got what I wanted when sex was never the ending for me when it came to her.

She was traumatized by Leo's death and also scared that I would end up killing Franco, which I will because he kissed her on the fucking lips. I'll make sure to slice it thinly before killing him for good.

My phone rang, and it was Ariana. I walked out of Leila's room and answered the call.

"What is it?" I asked.

"When are you planning on coming here? Baba is very sick." She let out a long sigh.

"I told you, I'm not going."

"Ares." She's fed up with me already.

"Just tell me when you will get married, and I'll send you a congratulations money."

"Ares, please. Just this once, stay here for three days, and I won't bother you anymore." I sat on the sofa and looked up at the ceiling.

Then I heard Leila calling someone in her sleep; I ended Ariana's call and ran to the room. Her whole body was shaking. She's having a seizure. I turned her body to the side and stayed beside her.

Her body slowly turned normal, and she was calling Luke's name.

"Luke, no." She whispered, and she fell asleep. I called Tim to bring some doctors to her so they could check on her. I slowly turned her so she could lay on her back again. Her eyes opened slowly, and her eyes were empty.

She looked like a living corpse.

Does she experience this often? Because it's fucking dangerous for her to have a seizure when she's alone.

"Leila," I called softly, and her eyes fell on me.

"Ares, where's Luke? He was waiting for me earlier." She was dreaming earlier. I don't think it's a dream if she ended up having a seizure.

"Luke is not here, you're dreaming." She sighed, and I pulled the blanket to her chin. She started to look at the ceiling blankly.

"When was the last time you had contact with Luke?"

"He often reached out to me, but I ignored him. The last time we saw each other was about a decade ago." That long? What the fuck is wrong with Luke? As much as I hate Ariana, I still see her occasionally.

"Can you tell me what happened?" I asked. She got up slowly and leaned her back to the headboard.

"Why do you want to know?"

"I want to know your demons, wildcat. What caused it, and I want to help you." Did I hear myself right? I never wanted to help people, let alone the woman I met less than two weeks ago.

"You want to help me?"

"Tell me." She closed her eyes briefly, took an intense breath, and let it out slowly.

"My dad died when I was thirteen years old. He was killed, and it seemed Luke wanted revenge. He was thirsty for blood that he left me and my mom right after my dad's funeral." I waited for her to continue.

"Luke hates everyone. I think he joined an evil syndicate that caused him to rampage. He never came back; we begged him to, but he never came." I knew there was more to the story, but she didn't want to continue.

"You had a seizure earlier. Does it happen often?"

"Yes. When I'm stressed." She put both hands on her head and let out a long sigh.

"How did you find out that he joined the Ravens?" She turned to me, "He let my mom know. He said he never wanted her and me to be involved in the world he lived in. He put everything on the line to find Dad and Valerie's dad's killer."

"Valerie?" I asked because her name was familiar.

"Valerie Walton, Luke's fiancee. They were engaged since they were sixteen years old."

"Is she still engaged to Luke?"

"I don't know. I have zero knowledge about his private life." Of course, that bastard never cared about his sister.

"You're moving in with me today."

"What? No! Why should I?"

"We're also getting your body checked," I added.

"No!"

"Say no again. I'm not going to let you sleep, wildcat." She shut her mouth right away.