Chapter 33 - ESCAPE

Leila Morrow

When we landed in New York, I thought he would let me go to Beijing, but I was wrong. He brought me to his penthouse.

"Luke! Please..." I had to beg.

"Luke!" We walked into his apartment, and I was greeted by none other than Kimberly. She was standing near the glass window, looking at the beautiful view of Central Park.

"I thought you put her in a dungeon." I hissed, glaring at her. Kimberly smiled, and Luke walked towards her. He kissed her, and I grabbed a pillow from the sofa, throwing it at him.

"Luke!" He turned to me, annoyed.

"If you don't send me to Beijing in one hour, I will call Mom and tell her everything!" He rolled his eyes and went up to the second floor. I threw my body to the sofa, letting out a long sigh.

Kimberly was looking at me as she leaned her body against the glass window. I've always hated Kimberly. She's a bitch who bullied me. I don't get why Luke likes her.

"Did you go to a witchcraft and ask Luke to fall in love with you?" I asked her in a mean bitchy tone.

"If I can go to a witchcraft, I want him dead." When I was in junior high, everyone knew that Kimberly had a crush on Luke, but Luke didn't even know she existed. She's the most popular girl in school, and Luke doesn't even acknowledge her.

"Who's in Beijing?" She asked in a curious tone.

"None of your business." I closed my eyes, trying to figure out how to go to Beijing.

"Kaleb was the one who kidnapped Ares." My eyes snapped open when she said, "Ares Young, huh? Nice pick." She smirked, and I grabbed a pillow, ready to make her my punching bag.

"You're with Luke, and you have a horrible taste." She chuckled.

"Never thought you would tame the Ares Young, Leila. I'm proud of you, and you grew up so well."

"Fuck you." I hissed.

"Luke! Are you keeping me here with this fuck face?" I shouted.

"Watch your fucking mouth!" Luke replied. Kimberly chuckled, and I let out a sigh.

"If you don't send me to Beijing in one hour, you'll fucking regret it." I turned to the stairs, and he went down after changing his clothes. He walked to the kitchen, grabbing some water.

I got up and walked towards Kimberly. She looked at me suspiciously, and I grabbed her platinum-blonde hair. I dragged her towards the balcony, pushing half of her body from the railing.

"If you don't send me to Beijing, I'm going push her off the fucking building." Kimberly was screaming. She's scared. Luke walked towards us, sipping cold water like he enjoyed the show.

Kimberly was calling Luke's name, terrified by the fact that I had the power to push her off the balcony. Luke leaned his side of the body to the door frame, crossing his ankle, too. My eyes locked with his, and he gestured for me to push her off the building.

"You can push her, and I'm starting to get sick of her." From screaming her lungs out, Kimberly turned silent. She stopped trying to wiggle out of my grip.

Before I could react, Kimberly pushed me away and stood straight, facing Luke. Her eyes were filled with something that I can't even describe. It was clear to me that she hated him. She no longer like him the way she did back then.

"Do you think I won't get sick of you, witch?" Luke's eyes were set on Kimberly.

"I know you would. You always told me how predictable I am and that I'm nothing but a slut to you." Shit. Luke said that? "Anything else that you want to add?" She asked, and I could feel the pain in her voice.

"Your life means nothing to me. If my sister decides she wants to push you off the balcony, you know I won't stop her." Kimberly let out a chuckle.

"I guess thanks for the compliment, Luke. I forgot to let you know that I'm not your only slut. Kaleb fucked me twice when we were in Dubai. He came inside of my holes, too." Luke's eyes twitched.

"I should have stopped my birth control shot. Imagine if I have Kaleb's baby, they will look-" Luke took out his knife and put it on her neck. Kimberly was brave enough to provoke him more, "He asked me to marry him once; I should have accepted it. Imagine us getting married and having kids together. We will live happily ever-"

"Luke!" I pulled him away before he could dig his knife into her neck.

"I'm just one of your sluts, Luke. I heard you share women with your friends. Can I request Blake Lockwood after this? Or maybe Vincent? Or maybe Ares?" She turned to me, and before I could react, Luke brought her inside. She slipped something into my hand.

A key.

Luke brought her upstairs, and I quickly ran to the door, unlocked it, and it opened. I tried not to make a noise so he wouldn't know I was gone. I went down to the lobby and got into a cab.

"Westin Tower," I remembered that the Bloodhounds has an office there. They brought me there before when they saved me from Luke after I went to him after he crashed into Ares.

When I arrived there, there were already people waiting for me.

"Ms.Morrow, we've been waiting for you." One of them paid for the taxi, and they escorted me inside. They gave me my phone and my bag. Then they drove me to the airport, where a jet was ready to take me to Beijing.

I owed Kimberly one.

My phone rang, and it was Tatiana. I picked it up right away.

"Leila?"

"Yes, Tatiana."

"You're already on your way to the airport, right?"

"Yes, why?"

"Me and my husband will go to Beijing with you. We're worried about Ares. Kaleb took him because Ariana asked him to."

"Okay, I'll see you there."

"Okay."