Chapter 41 - A NEW CHAPTER

Leila Morrow

A week of not seeing Ares was more depressing than I thought. I did go on dates with some people but ended up leaving them mid-date because I couldn't stop thinking about Ares.

I miss him-especially his attention.

I love it when he gives me all of his attention.

Now, Ares was busy glaring at Adam, who was currently eating his ice cream. I know deep down in his heart he doesn't hate Adam. It's just he's not used to him just yet. Adam looked like a younger version of Ares, which made me adore him even more.

"Leila," Adam called.

"Yes, Adam?"

"Just finish the fucking ice cream, you're ruining my sweet night." I smacked Ares' arm for saying that in front of Adam. Ares rolled his eyes, annoyed.

"You need to stop being mean to me. You and Kaleb need to go back to school and learn about more basic manners." I chuckled hearing it, and Ares grabbed Adam's ear.

"Don't test me-" I smacked Ares' hand, and he pouted.

"Stop being mean!"

"He's ruining our night, what do you me-" I smacked his arm, and he shut his mouth.

"Mom and Dad missed you. They'll come here next week to get treatment. He said he wants to live a long life to see me grow." Adam looked at his ice cream sadly. Adam is very different than Ariana and Ares. He's very emotional and soft-hearted when Ariana and Ares often ignore their feelings.

"I want pizza. Can you buy me one?" Adam turned to Ares. It seemed Adam adored Ares. He wanted his big brother to like him because even though Ariana is friendly to Adam, she barely spends time with him.

"No."

"I'll buy you one."

"I want Ares to buy me one. He's a billionaire."

"I don't have money for you." Adam pouted, and I kicked Ares' leg. He glared at me and then let out a long sigh.

"What kind of pizza?"

"That one!" He pointed at a pizza shop right across the shop we're in. I tilted my head, telling him to go and buy one. He got up, and Adam left his ice cream to go with Ares. Adam slipped his hand to Ares, holding it tightly.

They both walked out of the shop and crossed the street together. Adam was so excited, and seeing them both warms my heart. They both reminded me of Luke and me before our relationship broke.

Adam kept holding Ares' hand while picking all the pizzas he wanted. They walked back together after getting it, and Adam was so jumpy that Ares had to stop him. I can't help but chuckle seeing them.

"Leila! I got you two slices."

"Thank you, Adam. You're such a sweet kid, not like your brother." I smiled at Adam, and Ares was shaking his head.

"Let's go."

"Go where?"

"Your hotel..."

"Leila told me to stay at your mansion." Ares turned to me, eyeing me like I did something wrong.

"We have a lot of ghosts in the house."

"I don't believe in ghosts."

"We have so many bugs."

"I can kill them." I grabbed Adam's hand and walked out of the ice cream shop. Tim opened the car door for us, and Ares pulled Adam's hoodie, pushing him to sit at the front.

"You sit at the front!" Adam pushed Ares instead.

"I'm going to fucking throw you in the middle of the road if you don't sit at the front."

"I'll sit at the front, boys," I said, pushing them away.

"No!" They both said in unison. I turned to Tim, and he was already looking at me so confused.

"I'm counting to three, Adam," Ares warned, and he got into the car. Ares let out a long sigh and pushed me into the car.

"Don't be mean," I said and kissed his cheek. Ares pulled me close, cupping my face, and kissed me.

"I miss you so much, wildcat. You're driving me insane." He whispered. "Let's throw Adam here and have a fun night." I chuckled and shook my head.

"He's going to hang out with Kayden and Tatiana tomorrow."

"Did Kayden say that?" He raised his eyebrows.

"No. Tatiana did." Ares tsked.

"Of course, she did. Kayden hates kids, and he didn't want to babysit Adam."

"Kayden is cool!" Adam said.

"Yeah, right. You wanted to hang out with Ana, who despised creatures like you." Ares hissed, and Adam begged us earlier that he wanted to hang out with Ana.

"I'm much more handsome than you. Ares and Ana's boyfriend is so mean."

"Ana is so much older than you, Adam."

"There's nothing weird about that. I'm rich, and I can be a good boyfriend." He said confidently, and I smirked at Ares.

"What?"

"He's just like you," I whispered.

"I'm much more cooler than him." He whispered back.

We arrived at the mansion, and Tim helped Adam to take out his luggage. I waited for Adam while he thanked Tim for helping him. He pulled his bags and ran towards me.

"Slow down, champ." He held my hand and grabbed Ares' hand.

"Leila, if Ares is mean to you, you should date Mason instead. He's nicer than Ares." I raised my eyebrows and looked up to Ares, who was not pleased hearing that.

"Really?"

"Yes, Mason is more handsome too." I chuckled. "If Ares is mean again, I should consider that."

"I'm going to punish you." Ares mouthed, and I winked at him. Ares pulled Adam away from me and showed him the first guest room on the first floor. He threatened the poor Adam to make sure that he got out.

"What did you say to-" He picked me up on his shoulder, carrying me upstairs to our room.

"Are you going to punish me?"

"You're not going to sleep all night, wildcat." He slapped my ass as we walked to our room. He put me down and closed the door. He pulled my long black dress up, tracing his hand up.

"Leila." I looked at him innocently.

"Yes?"

"You didn't wear anything," I smirked.

"Should have fucked me back in the headquarters."

"Fucking hell."