Chapter 37 - LUCKY

Leila Morrow

Ares filled my mind like a tsunami. He should be paying rent for leeching in my head. After what happened with Ares and Luke, I've been having mixed emotions.

Seeing him again in Beijing made it worse for me. He gave me zero attention, and I was not having it. He didn't even look or talk to me. I'm not too fond of it. I loved it when he gave me his full attention, and I just realized it now.

After telling him I'd give him hell, he ignored me. He was trying his best not to interact with me.

It's pissing me off.

At the moment, Ares was talking to Ariana about something. I was leaning to the wall, looking at him.

"I still can't believe that they're related." Kaleb stood beside me with his arms crossed in front of his chest. Ares was talking to Ariana about something, and I turned to him.

"I still can't believe that there would be a day where you leave your work for a woman."

"Luke should have killed him."

"I'll find a way to kill you." He chuckled.

"How about a truce? We're both connected again because of the Young siblings." He put his fist in front of me, and I gave him a fist bump.

"You grew up well, Leila. Even though Luke was not there for you." I've known Kaleb since I was eight. He and Luke went to the same school.

"How did you know Ariana?" I changed the subject.

"I've been eyeing her for a long time." I shook my head, looking at him weirdly.

"Stalking her?" I corrected.

"You can say that."

"I thought you were going to stick to your playboy ways. You always said that sleeping with one woman is only for pussies." I quoted the old Kaleb, causing him to chuckle. He turned his attention to Ariana, who was currently arguing with Ares.

"She's interesting, that's why."

"She wants to marry Fred."

"I'm in the mood to kill people, so... she can try." Kaleb, Luke, and Ares were indeed cut from the same cloth. Kaleb walked back into the house, leaving me alone to watch the two siblings glaring at each other.

Ares was the first one to walk away. He walked past me, and I saw Ariana running her hands through her hair, frustrated. When she saw me, she smiled and walked towards me.

"I don't get why you like my brother?"

"I don't get why you like Kaleb either." She raised her eyebrows.

"You know Kaleb?"

"I've known him since I was a little kid. He's my brother's best friend."

"Right. I forgot that you're Luke's sister." She chuckled, "Let's go back inside and have a drink. Are you down?"

"I need it. Ares kept giving me a headache." She led me to a room filled with champagne, wine, whiskey, vodka, and every alcohol in this world that you can think of.

"You have a bar inside of your house." I looked around, amazed.

"What do you want?"

"I'll take the strongest drink you have."

Ares Young

Where the fuck is Leila?

I've been looking for her everywhere, and I have no idea where she is. I know she's still here because Tim will alert me if she leaves.

"Are you looking for Leila?" I turned to see Adam standing behind me.

"Mind your own business." I hissed as I kept looking for Leila.

"I didn't do anything." I knew what he meant, but I was not in the mood to talk to him. "I've always wanted to meet you, and I asked Dad to let me go to Seattle with you." I ignored him.

"Are you going to act like this forever?"

"Yes."

"But why? You're not ignoring Ariana like you're ignoring me!" He stood in front of me, pouting. "We're siblings, Ares."

"You and Ariana are not my siblings, and if you think I'm not ignoring Ariana, you should ask her." I was going to walk past him, but he stopped me again.

"I'm jealous that my friends have cool siblings. I have you and Ariana, but both of you lived in America." Jesus. "I did a lot of research about you and Kaleb. You both are criminals."

"And you still want me to be your sibling?"

"You are my sibling, and as for Kaleb, he's going to be my brother-in-law." What an unlucky boy. One from The Bloodhounds, one from The Ravens.

"You can take Kaleb."

"But I like you better. Kaleb threatened to kill me if I didn't help him remove Fred."

"I did threaten to kill you, too." His jaw dropped when he realized it.

"You did!"

"Ares and Adam, I want to talk to you both." We both turned to my dad. Adam grabbed my hand, leading me to follow my dad to his study.

"Is this where you tell me to compete with Adam to get your inheritance?" I mocked, and Adam smacked my arm.

"You two won't be competing for anything." He said as he sat on his chair.

"Why do you bring me here then?"

"I only have a few months to live, and the three of you will inherit everything I have."

"You don't need to give me anything." He nodded but proceeded to take three files out of his drawer.

"Adam will be living in Beijing for the time being. Ariana said she'll move here, but it's impossible. As for you," He looked at me, tilting his head. "You won't come back here again, right?"

"No."

"Why?!" Adam screamed in my ear.

"What the fuck?!" I hissed.

"Don't fight, boys." We both turned to my dad.

"You must visit me here, or I'm going to Seattle!"

"You can try. I'll blow the fucking plane." We both glared at each other again.

"Boys." My dad called, and I let out a long sigh.

"I don't need your money, and I'm out of here. I'm going back to Seattle." I walked towards the door, and Adam suddenly kicked my back. "You're an asshole! Fuck you!" I opened the door and walked out.

I made my way out of the house and found Kaleb rushing to his car. He drove out from the mansion so fast, and there's no fucking way he's leaving without Ariana unless...

I opened Leila's location, and for sure... she's not here.