Chapter 14 - FORCE

Leila Morrow

He wasn't playing when he told me that I would get my body checked and that I'd move in with him. It happened so fast that I can't keep up with it anymore.

Earlier, the doctor asked about some bruises on my skin. Ares was waiting for my answer while leaning his body against the wall. He was so proud of his ugly creation.

"I got bitten by a bug." Instead of getting angry at my answer, he chuckled.

After being examined by the doctor, she said the result was ready soon. It's been two hours after the examination, and people are coming into my apartment to pack up all my things. I tried to protest, but Ares ignored me.

"Do you do this to every woman that you met?" I asked as he was busy watching the movers like a hawk.

"You're the first. For thirty-one years, I only do one-night stands. I don't even remember their names to begin with." I looked at him disgusted.

"Can I check for STDs, too?" I asked the doctor as she was busy wrapping everything up.

"You're the only person I didn't wrap my dick with." The doctor pretended to be deaf at this point.

"Lucky me," I said in a very sarcastic tone.

"Let's see. You're the first woman that I texted besides Tatiana and Luna. They don't count because they're my friend's girlfriend and wife. You're the first woman that I fucked raw, the first woman that I forced to move in with, and the first woman that I slept with after having sex." He was so calm about it.

"Okay."

"Okay?"

"What do you want me to say? It's not that impressive." I crossed my arms in front of my chest, raising my eyebrows.

"We have the results, Mr.Young and Ms.Morrow." The doctor announced, and I sat down, facing her. Ares stayed where he was, but his attention went to the doctor.

"Her seizure was caused by stress and trauma. You mentioned that you had a light concussion when you were thirteen. We scanned earlier and found nothing wrong with her skull or brain. It seemed the seizure happened because she's mentally tired and stressed."

"Thank you for pointing out, he caused it." The doctor turned to Ares, and he gave us a poker face. The doctor turned to me, "You need a lot of rest, Ms.Morrow. Since you said you always experience it at least once a month or every two months."

"What should we do to help her get better?"

"She needs to sleep at least six to eight hours a day, eat healthy, exercise, and don't overwork herself because it might cause her to get stressed. Getting enough sleep will make the biggest impact, and it seems you have been not sleeping well, Ms.Morrow." I turned to Ares.

"You caused it."

"Me?"

"Yeah. You're a fucking grim reaper and a stalker." I hissed.

The doctor left after giving me some medicine for me to take for a week. I was about to get up when Ares stopped me. He sat beside me, wrapping his arm around my waist.

"You should give my job back."

"I told you to kneel and beg, and I'll give your job right back."

"What's with you and your obsession with kneeling and begging?" I wanted to know his answer.

"Since you know now that I am obsessed with it, why don't you do it, wildcat?"

"No."

"Then you and your friends will never get a job."

"Spare my friends, and they didn't do anything." He was looking at me like he was planning something in his head. I'm pretty sure he's thinking about a way to make my life more miserable.

"I'll spare your friends if you tell me more about your story. You have eight friends in your team, so I'll let you spare one for every story." I knew he would come up with something.

"Is that a no, wildcat?"

"Fine." With that, he got up from the sofa and called someone.

Ares Young

"I don't think this is a good idea." Leila refused to walk into my penthouse.

"Why? You don't like a penthouse? Do you prefer a house?" I asked, and she sighed, "It's not like that, Ares."

"I don't want to move in with you!"

"You're moving in with me. You told the doctor earlier that you often got a seizure, and do you know how dangerous it is?" I grabbed her arm, dragging her in.

"I want a separate bedroom."

"No."

"I'll sleep on the sofa then."

"No."

"I'll sleep on the floor."

"No."

"Ares!"

"Yes, wildcat?" I walked into the kitchen, grabbing a glass of water. When I turned to her, she was already looking around the penthouse.

"Ares, you must be lying if you said you don't have any guest room. This place is huge and has a lot of rooms."

"I do have it, but none are available to you." I sat on the sofa, and she was still looking around. She looked a little terrified, seeing the view down below, making me look behind her and pretend that I would push her.

"What is wrong with you?" She squealed and pushed me away.

"You don't seem to be impressed by my penthouse." The look on her face said it all, "Tell me."

"One story equals one job back." She reminded me, and I had to roll my eyes before nodding.

"It reminded me of my childhood when we were all happy. Before everything went to shit after my dad passed away and Luke's sudden change."

"Have you talked to Luke about it before?"

"I begged him to stay, and I even asked him to stop the revenge. Was he thirsty for blood? Especially to the person who killed my and his fiancee's dad." It's not a secret that Luke Morrow is a definition of destruction.

He's the icon for it in The Ravens, he doesn't give two fucks about people. He's dead inside. He's just a walking empty shell.

"I need more, wildcat," I said, and she sighed before sitting on the sofa.

"Luke wanted me to understand him, which I don't think I can understand his fucked up brain. He left me and my mom like we never existed. He never looked back, and I don't think he ever found the killer. I told him to stop and let karma do the work, but he didn't believe it. He doesn't care about me and my mom anymore. She used to be so sad, but I'm so glad she married a wonderful person who loves her with all his heart."

"I doubt that he doesn't care about you." I knew he had someone constantly following her, "I bet he knows my existence by now."