Chapter 35 - ALL YOURS

Ares Young

Kaleb brought his men to Beijing. They dragged me to my family's mansion. They let me go when the gate was closed. They forced me to walk towards the front door.

Where the fuck is Asher? Why is he taking so long to save my ass?

Ariana and Adam walked out of the mansion. She grabbed my arm, leading me inside. I was greeted by my parents and grandparents, who looked at me with so much emotion in their eyes.

"Be nice," Ariana whispered in English. Adam linked his arm to mine, and I pushed him away. My dad glared at me for it, and my grandfather almost threw his walking stick at me.

"What a reunion..." I said in English.

"It's been two decades since you came home, Yuxuan." My grandfather said in Chinese. I pointed at my ear, pretending not to understand.

"I don't understand Chinese, so..."

"He said it's been two decades since you came home." Adam translated for me, and I turned to him, glaring. Ariana pinched my arm. I pushed her away.

"Be nice to your sibling." My dad hissed, and again, I pointed at my ear.

"Last time I checked, I signed the official papers stating that I'm no longer a part of this family. Why should I care that you're dying again?" I pointed at my dad, who let out a long sigh. My mom was crying on the side, my grandmother looked down to the ground, and my grandfather looked like he wanted to disown me for the second time.

"I just want to see you, Yuxuan. I have a lot of regrets." I rolled my eyes.

"Here, I thought you wanted me back because I've proved so much that I'm capable of being on top." I could hear Ariana and Adam let out a long sigh.

"Since you already see me, I'm going back to Seattle. I'm busy." The door behind me opened, and I didn't even turn around.

Suddenly, someone hugged me from behind, and I didn't need to turn my head to know it was Leila. When she knew I wasn't reacting the way she wanted, she stood before me.

"You're okay." I avoided her eyes. I turned around to see Kayden and Tatiana.

"Took you so long, fucker." Kayden smirked.

"Ares," Leila called me. My heart was aching. She should stood with my family because I'm so tired of facing everything. I'm done looking for someone who I can find peace in. Leila was the last, and there won't be others.

"Since you've all seen me already, I'm returning to Seattle." I took steps back to join Kayden and Tatiana. Leila stood there beside Ariana, and she was also speechless.

"Have dinner with us, then we'll let you go." My dad said as I turned around.

"I'll see you when you're six feet underground." With that, I walked out with the most painful heartache. Tim was waiting for me, and I walked towards the car when I heard footsteps behind me.

"I'm sorry." I stopped walking when my dad apologized, "I'm sorry for everything. I wasn't a great father to you and Ariana." He said it all in English.

"After seeing you happier living in Seattle, I can't even ask you to return."

"Do you think I was happy in Seattle?" I turned around, raising my voice at him. "Do you think I was happy? I've lived on this earth for thirty-one years, and I never understood the word happy."

"Your words lived in my head. Everyone wanted to replace me. You, grandfather, mom, everyone! You will never understand the pain I felt all of these years. I can't even live my childhood without comparing myself to others!" Tears filled his eyes, and I ran my hands through my hair.

"I'm done looking for someone who never wanted to replace me. It's a fucking curse for me, and I'm done wondering if there's someone out there who can accept me as a whole. Not only you ruined me, but you also ruined Ariana's life. I just hope you don't fucked it up for Adam." He cried and nodded.

"I'm glad you got the perfect replacement for me. Don't make the same mistake."

"Have dinner with me, then I'll let you go." He begged.

"No. I'm going back to Seattle. You should try to get treatment so you can live long and be a good dad for Adam." With that, I got into the car, Tim got in, and I told him to go straight to the airport.

I'm exhausted. My whole body hurt like shit. My head was spinning so hard. My heart was beating so hard, and every beat was painful.

I still remember that I grew up alone. Figuring out life in a foreign country that I barely speak the language. I was lonely and struggled to put myself into the world. I never wanted people to underestimate me again, to not see me as someone who can be replaced.

That's why I'm so glad that Asher found me.

I was going to kill myself when he pulled me from the bridge. He gave me a job and paid me. He forced me to tell him what happened, and he understood me entirely without judging my background.

He asked me a once-in-a-lifetime question, "Do you want to rule the world with me?" I gave him a nod. From then, I started learning how to move on with life. It wasn't easy, but it helped me.

When Tim stopped the car suddenly, I opened my eyes and saw Leila standing in front of the car like she was looking for a VIP ticket to heaven. She asked Tim to open the door, which he did.

Leila got into the car and asked Tim to go to the airport.

"Did you not understand English? I told you to go because I'm done with you." I hissed as I looked away. I don't want to see those grey eyes again.

"Since you won't listen to me, why should I listen to you?" She did not just pull that card. I dialed Luke's number, and he picked up right away.

"Pick Leila up in-"

"She's all yours, Young." What the...

"See. I'm all yours." Fuck me.