Chapter 45 - PROTECT YOU

Leila Young

"Yes, Kayden. I know, and I promise. Yes... I love you too." Tatiana ended the call and put her phone into her bag.

She will move to Boston in a few months because she's going to medical school. It's hard to believe that she was a Princess. I still can't believe I'm hanging out with one of the most incredible people ever.

"I'll miss you when you move to Boston." I pouted.

"Me too. I'll come back to Seattle as much as I can. Kayden's work is still here." She smiled as she grabbed her cocktail glass. I grabbed mine, and we toasted.

"Cheers." We both said at the same time.

"It's amazing that Kayden wanted to move there." Tatiana nodded, and she smiled, looking at her glass.

"I was worried about it, but he knew if I got in, he'd move to Boston with me. I love him so much."

Love.

Love is such a big word. Ares and I were married for a day, but we never said the L word to each other. Do I love him? I mean, if I don't, I won't marry him, right?

"Leila?" Tatiana patted my hand.

"Sorry."

"You were daydreaming. Is there something on your mind? Is Ares being an asshole again?" I smiled, shaking my head.

"No. He's amazing. It's just... love, I don't know if I love him."

"You're married to him. If it's not because of love, I don't think it's possible." That's what I was thinking.

"How do you know that you're in love?" That sounded so dumb, but I have zero idea.

"I think it's different for everyone, Leila. For me, my chest was aching. Not because Kayden hurt me but more like my frustration because of all the emotions that I'm feeling. I felt overwhelmed, which gave me the courage to tell Kayden."

"I don't know..."

"You'll see. There'll be a day when you can't take it anymore." I guess she's right.

"Hi! Sorry that I'm late. I had to finish up my work." Luna joined us, and I got up to hug her.

"How's your exhibition doing?" Tatiana asked.

"Slowly coming together. It's still months away, but there's much to consider." She ordered a drink and asked us, "What did you two talk about?" Tatiana looked at me, wondering if she could tell Luna. I gave her a nod.

"Leila wondered when we knew we were in love with our significant other?" Luna turned to me and smiled.

"Well, for me, I've always been in love with Clyde since we were a kid. I knew it when I've always wanted to see him all the time." I took my drink and nodded.

"Oh! Congratulations!" She squealed, and I chuckled. Luna hugged me, and I thanked her. "Hope me and Clyde will join you two soon!" There's no denying how much Clyde loves Luna. He looks at her like she's his world.

"I think I have to figure out my feelings as well. I can't differentiate if my feelings were mere attachment or that I love Ares."

"No rush, Leila. It takes time, and I don't think you two can get married without loving each other." Luna said the same thing as Tatiana.

Ares Young

"This is what you called boys' night?" Clyde hissed, but he joined me, who was lying on the ground with our long snipers. Clyde opened his sniper bag and took it out.

We're ready to kill anyone who dared to approach our women. The three of them looked like they were having fun and talking and drinking without us.

"You should tell your wife to stop inviting my girlfriend." Grumpy Clyde came back.

"Don't fucking blame my wife when your girlfriend agreed to it, you fuckface." Kayden turned his head to Clyde.

"Let's just join them."

"I'm not sleeping outside tonight," I answered to Clyde.

"I have my eyes on the waiter." Kayden hissed.

"Don't use your fucking laser, idiot!" Clyde turned off Kayden's laser, which caught Tatiana's attention. She saw it, causing her to get up and walk towards the window.

I turned to Kayden, who had already taken his phone out to text her. Tatiana took out her phone and said something to Luna and my wildcat about it.

"She didn't even bother to check her phone, Grant." Clyde hissed. Tatiana showed us that she was turning off her phone. She looked around, trying to find us.

"You're a fucking idiot, they're leaving because of your stupidity!" Clyde protested, and Kayden got up. He wrapped his sniper.

"Hugo, take my sniper." With that, Kayden walked away.

"Where are you going?"

"I'm joining my wife." His statement caused me and Clyde to get up from the ground. I wrapped my sniper up, and so was Clyde. Clyde joined Kayden first; I was contemplating whether I wanted to join them.

My phone vibrated.

Leila: Join us.

I ran towards Kayden and Clyde, who just made their way down the stairs. We crossed the street and went up to the rooftop bar. Tatiana and Luna glared at Kayden and Clyde when Leila smiled when she saw me.

She got up from her seat and kissed me.

"Are you okay? Did Luna and Tatiana bully you?" I asked, which caused all of them to glare at me.

"No." She chuckled, grabbing my hand. We moved to a bigger table, and Leila sat on my lap, making herself too comfortable when I was trying my best not to drag her away and have her to myself.

"As I was saying... we should go." Tatiana said.

"Go where?" Kayden asked.

"Everly Jordan's concert."

"No." Clyde, Kayden and me said in unison. Leila turned to me, confused.

"Why?" She cupped my face.

"She's coming to Seattle and I'm going." Tatiana insisted.

"No." Kayden shook his head.

"Why not?" Leila whispered and kissed me.

"As much as I like you acting like this, wildcat. I'm not letting you go there, not on my watch." She pouted.

"I've been wanting to go with Luna and Tatiana."

"No, wildcat."

"Can you all let us know why?" Luna asked.

"No." Clyde answered, causing Luna glare at him so hard.

"We're going."

"No."

"Why not?! Can you at least give me the reason?" Tatiana hissed.

"Can you tell me the reason?" Leila asked and I turned my attention to her. I wrapped my arms tighter around her waist.

"Not now. I can't tell you anything now."

"Promise you'll tell me later?"

"I promise, wildcat. I'm just protecting you, you're my life so nothing is more important than that."