Chapter 21 - SPARE A LIFE

Leila Morrow

When Tatiana led me to the medical center, it was guarded. We can see two people inside with Ares, who is sleeping. One of the two people was Kayden, and I have no idea who the other one is.

"I don't think it's a good idea for us to be here," Tatiana said.

"Why?"

"Because Kayden and Asher are here. I don't think we should be here." As if they knew that we were talking about them, they both turned to us. Tatiana waved at her husband awkwardly, and he gestured his guard to bring his wife in. Tatiana was brought inside, and she looked at Ares sadly.

I need to talk to Luke again regarding this. This is unacceptable.

"Ms.Morrow, please come inside." I turned to the doctor, and she gestured for me to come in. I walked into the room, straight to Ares.

"He will be resting for a couple of days here, and his body dropped drastically since he refused treatment right away." The doctor told me, and I turned to his friends, who were unhappy to see me. Tatiana kept looking at Ares sadly.

"He'll be okay, right?" Tatiana asked her husband.

"He will, Mon Avenir." He kissed the top of her head and then led her out. They left me with a jet-black-haired man. Tatiana mentioned that his name was Asher.

"Sparing someone's life is not in Ares' dictionary, yet he spared your brother's life when he should have killed him earlier." He walked towards Ares' bed, looking at him with an unreadable expression.

"Ares Young, the man who loves to kill people with all his heart, suddenly sparing someone else's life? He's not only someone but the fucking Raven's." Asher's hand turned into a fist, and he was mad. I don't know who Asher is to Ares, but his greyish-blue eyes were full of hatred, pain, and revenge.

"I'm sorry. I'm sorry on behalf of my brother." I said quickly, as much as I hate Luke. I don't want him to die.

"Sorry? Your apology means nothing to us." His eyes landed on me, and I wished the earth could swallow me.

I was about to say something when someone walked in. Asher turned to whoever had just saved my life from his wrath. I turned slowly and found a beautiful, short, brunette-haired woman. Her eyes widened as if she couldn't believe that Ares was lying on a hospital bed.

"What happened?" She asked Asher, and he let out a sigh.

"Luke hit him with his car, and it was pre-meditated."

"Who is she?" She pointed her finger at me, wondering who is this stranger.

"Luke's sister." Her eyes changed in a split second. She grabbed my hair, pinning me to the wall where my back hit the hard concrete until I felt a sting on my back.

"Ana," Asher warned, but Ana looked ready to cut me into small pieces. She grabbed my neck with her hand, digging her black nails into my skin.

"Luke left her since she was in Junior High." Asher's words got into her ears so fast that she let me go as if she never tried to kill me. My legs turned weak, and I collapsed on the ground, coughing until my lungs filled with air again.

"You put him to sleep, didn't you?" Ana asked him, and Asher didn't respond right away. His eyes were glued to Ares.

"How are we going to do with her?" She asked as if I was not in the same room as her. I got up slowly and found myself walking towards the door.

"Where do you think you're going?" Ana grabbed my hair again, dragging me back in.

"Let her go, Ana." Asher said, but she's not budging, "Ariana called earlier. She's been looking for him." Ana said as she pulled my hair even more.

"Ana..." Asher warned, and she let me go.

"Go," Ana said, and I ran out of the room. I looked at Ares one last time before figuring out how to return to the lobby.

Ares Young

The Young family always told me that one day, I'll grow up to rule the world. They wanted me to be their leader one day. They wanted me to be someone they could mold into their future heir to billions of dollars in the family-owned jewelry business.

I was born not being able to identify what's wrong and right. My family spoiled me too much to the point that they let me do whatever I wanted as long as I lived up to their expectation. I was born intelligent, and everything was easy for me. I got good grades, I could pretend to be nice to everyone, and I always made sure that everything worked in my favor.

Then I got bored quickly, too quickly, that I tried so many things that life could ever offer, but none of them could satisfy me.

I can easily read people through there, read the situation in the room, and read their body language to see if they're comfortable with me.

My dad saw it in me, and he decided to send me to America to study. He sent me to Seattle because his aunt lives here. He thought sending Ariana and me to America would make me a better person.

He's fucking wrong.

It turned me into a fucking monster.

I opened my eyes slowly, and the first thing that I saw was the white ceiling. I could hear people rushing into the room, and the doctors quickly checked my vitals and condition.

They gave me a glass of water and a straw. I drank it slowly, and my eyes caught Asher walking into the room with his hands in his pocket.

"Welcome back, Young."

"How long did you make me sleep, asshole?" I asked, knowing damn well that this jerk would make me a sleeping beauty for at least two days.

"Three days." I can't believe him.

"Where's Leila?" I asked, looking around, hoping that she was outside, waiting for me. As if I could feel a hole in my forehead, I turned to Asher, who was already looking at me, not impressed by my question.

"What?"

"You should tell me why the fuck did you spare Luke Morrow's life?"