Chapter 31 - HEARTACHE

Ares Young

When Tim alerted me that Luke was here, I told Tim to let him talk to me. Tim thought I was crazy, but I told him not to defy me. Luke came here alone, looking like he was ready to kill me. He parked his car right in front of me and got out.

"Where is she?" He asked.

"In the basement, chained to the bed," I said bluntly. "Raped her last night, starved her, and planned to kill her this afternoon if you didn't come." He looked at me skeptically. He knew that I wasn't the type to provoke him to this level.

"She told me to call you so you can kill me."

"Then her fucking wish is my command." He punched me so hard that my head snapped back.

"Did she scratch you?" He asked as he grabbed my collar, looking at all the claw marks that Leila gave me.

"She was being a wild cat when I fucked her." Another punch until my head kissed the ground. Luke kept beating me up, and he even threw my body into his car.

"I'm going to fucking kill you, Young." He hissed, and I let out a low chuckle.

"Good."

Leila Morrow

I slept in the guest room that night, avoiding Ares as much as possible. He was out most of the time, so I was alone and spent my time editing photos. My heart was hurting, and something did change that night.

Ares was distant, and he didn't even go near me. He only threatened me once after I woke up.

My eyes snapped when I heard a lot of commotion outside. I looked out the window to see Luke beating Ares up. I ran out of the house, and when Luke saw me, he looked confused.

Luke grabbed onto Ares' collar, and he punched him so hard that he was on the ground. Ares didn't give him any reaction. He was just there, taking all the punches like a punching bag.

Luke then continued to beat him up, and I ran to them.

"Stop! Stop!" I begged as I tried to pull Luke away from Ares.

"He said he raped you, fucking starved you, and planned to kill you." Luke pushed me away and continued to beat Ares up. He pulled Ares' body up and pushed him to his car, taking out a knife, and I screamed.

"No! Please, no!" My eyes were on Ares, but he didn't even look at me. His eyes were locked on Luke, provoking him.

"Stab it right here." He pointed at his heart, "It fucking hurts when your sister said that she's going to find someone else."

"Ares!" I tried to make his attention fall to me, but he kept looking at Luke.

"Luke, please stop!" I screamed so hard and pulled him away from Ares. He took a step back, and I stood in front of Ares. Ares pushed me to the side, and Luke took that opportunity to stab Ares' stomach.

I screamed and pushed Luke away. I slapped him so hard, and when his eyes met mine, it softened.

Before I can say something, Ares pushes me to the side again. He gave Luke his knife again, "I told you fucking stab me right here, you pussy!" I stood in front of Ares, ignoring his rage.

"Luke, please..."

"Don't beg your brother when all you wanted him to kill me." That's when I turned around to him, and he looked so hurt. His face was severely beaten, and my claw marks on his face.

"Don't pretend you fucking care about my life when all you wanted to do was find someone else! Two days ago was my last straw, Leila." He left me speechless again.

"I'm giving you what you wish for, so don't fucking cry!" He was mad. Luke grabbed him and punched him again. Luke strangled him against the car, and Ares didn't even try to react.

"I strangled your sister like this two days ago." Ares provoked Luke some more. I grabbed onto Luke's arm, pulling him away from Ares. I grabbed his knife from the ground and pointed it at Luke, who was laughing maniacly.

I turned around to find Ares breathing heavily. His hand covered his bleeding stomach. His eyes were still locked with Luke, and he didn't even look at me.

"Take her away. I've got my fill already." His hurt stabbed me straight into my heart. This is what I wanted, right?

Luke grabbed me, pushing Ares off his car. He opened the door and got me into the car. Luke got into the car and reversed the car back. All I saw was Ares lying on the ground, breathing heavily.

"Stop the car." Luke ignored me.

"Stop the fucking car!" I screamed to his face that he stopped the car. I got out of the car and ran to Ares. I grabbed his phone and called Tim.

"Send an ambulance here, Ares is dying." I heard Ares laughing, and he opened his eyes to look at me.

"Don't fucking pretend that you care, Leila. I want to see how fast you replace me with someone else." He slowly got up on his feet and took a lot of steps back. He looked at me with lots of emotion in his eyes.

"Go. I won't bother you again anymore." With that, he walked towards the house. When he was about to open the door, the gate was opened. I turned to see three black cars going into the house.

Luke got out of the car, and when people came out of the vehicles. Those people were not from the Bloodhounds. I knew their uniform.

"What the fuck are you fuckers doing here?" Luke was as confused as me. I ran towards Ares, putting my body in front of him before those people reached him.

"What are you doing?" I asked them, and they tried to take Ares away. "No! What are you doing?! Stop!"

"Luke!" I screamed for him, and Luke ran towards me. Luke grabbed one of them and punched him.

"Mr.Morrow."

"What the fuck are you doing? I'm pretty sure I didn't ask for backup."

"Luke, are they your minions?" Suddenly, I could hear sirens from far away. My heart started to beat faster, but before I could react, Ares closed my ears for me. My eyes met his for a split second.

"You're going to be okay." He mouthed before I saw a syringe going into his skin.