Chapter 15 - NOT DONE

Ares Young

My grandfather always told me to trust my gut feeling because it's always right, especially when your gut feeling constantly bothers you throughout the day, wrenching your stomach to the core.

I was riding my bike to the office downtown when Ariana called me. I took the call, connecting to my earpiece.

"Ariana, how many times do I have to tell you? I'm not going back to fucking Beijing." I almost ended the call when she screamed at me to stop sending her calls.

"Ares, just this once. I'm going to get married, and I want you to come. Please, I will never bother you again after this."

"No."

"Can you at least do it for me? I never asked you for anything." I stopped when the green light turned red, "I promise they will never bring anything up. I'll make sure of it."

Ariana has always been the perfect child since she was born. She lived up to all the expectations that every Chinese parent wanted in a child. She's beautiful, elegant, well-mannered, and intelligent, even though she's crazy sometimes. One thing that she is flawed in is that she hates commitment.

She never wanted to get married or to have a kid on her own. She only had fuck buddies throughout her life and never wanted to settle for anyone. When I heard she agreed to marry Fred, I knew my dad's illness was severe.

She will never agree to any commitment and will fight for it. She said she loves living alone, but I doubted that. Who the fuck loves to be alone? That's when the demons start to crawl out and haunt the fuck out of you.

"Why are you doing this?" I asked curiously.

"What?" I continued driving my bike after seeing the green light.

"Why did you agree to fulfill Baba's last wish? You hate commitment, and you vowed not to marry anyone." I respected her decisions when she told me she never wanted to get married.

"I want to make him happy."

"By making yourself miserable?"

"Yes."

"I don't know if you're a fucking idiot or just too nice of a child?" I could hear her sighing on the other side of the call.

"Don't be an assh-" Before I could process what happened, my body flew to the ground.

Fuck.

My back took the most impact, and I think it's fucking broken. It took me a while before I tried to roll on my stomach so I could stand up. I could feel my left upper arm hurting so badly. I pushed my helmet off because it was suffocating me. I threw the helmet to the side, and I was greeted with a fist flying straight to my jaw.

"Long time no see, Young."

Luke Morrow.

I was right when my guts told me that he'd been following me for the past four days. He had his minions on me, and I was counting my days for him to come and see me by himself. He chose the day when I just fucking bought a house for the lovely Morrow to live with me.

"You know why I'm here." He put both of his hands into his pocket. People started to gather to see the drama between me and Luke. I let out a chuckle.

"I don't know why you're fucking here. Care to enlighten me?" He grabbed me by the collar, punching me again until my back kissed the ground.

"Stay the fuck away from Leila, or I'm going to fucking kill you." He grabbed me by the collar and pulled me up.

"And you think I'll listen to you?" I pushed him and punched him so hard with my right hand. He stumbled back a little bit when The Bloodhounds guards came surrounding the area. He took out a gun from his back pocket, making all the guards pointing their guns to him.

"Leila doesn't even acknowledge you as her brother, so I see you as a lunatic stranger preventing me from getting laid." He was pissed, judging how his eyes twitch.

"I'm intrigued by your sudden attention on me, Morrow. You never cared about who your sister dated, so why now?" I stopped two meters away from him.

"You're never this impulsive to create chaos in a public space where everyone is watching." I turned to see so many people surrounding the area that I felt like a fucking clown.

Luke Morrow is the man who will hunt you in the dark instead of in the broad daylight.

"Stay the fuck away from Leila, I'm not going to tell you twice, Young." He put his gun back, and I let out a chuckle.

"Acting like a big brother won't make her forgive you, Morrow. Don't act like a protective brother when you never appear before her." I gestured for all my guards to put down their guns.

Luke might have made some threats, but his face stayed the same. He was looking at me as if I was the one who bothered him. My phone rang, and I took it out to see Leila's name on the screen.

I picked up the call and put it on speaker.

"Ares, what happened?" She asked in frantic.

"Did you see the news, wildcat?" I looked up to Luke, who recognized her voice in a heartbeat.

"Yes, are you okay? Who's the other guy?"

"The person who shared your last name." She turned silent for a few seconds. I saw Luke looking at my phone as if it were his sister.

"What did Luke do?"

"He accidentally pressed the accelerator and crashed his car into me." He walked over to me, snatching my phone away.

"You need to stay the fuck away from him." Luke pressed the speaker button so he could talk to her in private. She said something that made him turn to me with those angry grey eyes.

Before I could ask, he smashed my phone into the concrete and walked towards his car. He got in and drove his car towards me. The guards were shooting at his cat, and I just stood there, ready to take the impact, when he turned right at the last second.

I know he's far from done with me, but I'm ready for him to bring me his worst.

Luke Morrow is another version of me since we both cut from the same cloth.