Chapter 40 - BOSSY

Ares Young

I ran to the lobby to find Adam and Leila talking to Clyde, Kayden, and Mason. They were looking at Adam, entirely fascinated by him. Leila was the first one to see me, and she smiled widely.

I kept my promise that I didn't bother her for a week.

She walked towards me and hugged me. Her warmth filled my whole body, and I hugged her back tightly. I buried my head in her neck, inhaling her sweetness that I missed so fucking much.

"I miss you." She whispered.

"Ares!" That little shit decided to interrupt my sweet time. I pulled away, and Adam ran to me. He hugged me, and I turned to my friends, who gave me a teasing look.

"What the hell are you doing here?"

"I miss you!" Kayden, Clyde, and Mason walked to us. Adam looked up at me, and I sighed.

"He wanted to see Seattle, and I'm more than welcome to have him. He's cute." Leila said, which I can't say much.

"Leila promised that we both will go on a date tonight." I turned to Leila, and she nodded.

"I'm sending you back to Beijing tonight. No date for you." Adam punched my stomach, and he hid behind Leila. My friend laughed, and Asher joined us.

"He should become a member. I like him," Asher said, and I saw Ana walking out of the elevator. She saw Adam and looked at him disgusted. Ana walked towards us and Adam's eyes were glued on her.

"You're beautiful. I think you're the most beautiful woman I've ever seen." He walked over to him, and Asher stood in front of Ana.

"He looks like you," Ana said, looking at me and Adam. "Did you get someone pregnant?"

"Adam is Ares' brother," Leila said, and Ana ignored her. Adam pushed Asher away and held Ana's hand, causing her to avoid him by standing behind Mason. She wrapped her arms around him, using Mason as a human shield.

"Why are you avoiding me? I'm cute." Jesus.

"He even talks like you!" Ana looked at Adam in horror. "I hate kids!"

"I'm not a kid. I'm thirteen years old. I'll be an adult in no time." He looked like he was in love with her. Asher grabbed Adam's hoodie, preventing him from walking over to Ana.

"Can I be your boyfriend?" Adam asked, making Clyde and Kayden laugh.

"This is my fiance." She pointed at Mason.

"No." Mason hissed. I turned to my friends, signaling them to take Adam away. Clyde nodded at me, and Asher pushed him to Clyde.

"Adam, do you want to see something cool?" Kayden asked, and Adam turned to him. "Kayden has a racing car. Do you want to check that out?" Clyde said, and Adam nodded. "I want to see!" Kayden put his hand out, and Adam ran towards him. Clyde ruffled his hair, and they walked away. Mason pushed Ana to Asher, and he joined Clyde and Kayden.

Asher held Ana's hand, and she was busy glaring at Leila. Leila was avoiding her eyes, and Asher pulled her away from us.

"How are you, wildcat?" I asked.

"I'm okay. How about you?"

"I'm not okay. Everything felt like hell."

"And why is that?" She smiled, knowing that she was the cause of my misery. "I've been having so much fun." I know. Katia reported to me that she's been going out with many men.

"Enjoy your freedom," I said sarcastically.

"What are you up to these days?"

"Do you want my honest answer, or do you want me to sugarcoat it?" I asked, and she looked confused.

"Your honest answer."

"Well... I killed twenty-two people this week. I became a smoker now, and I've been having sleepless nights." I said casually like it was nothing. Leila looked concerned.

"I miss you, Ares." She said it twice already.

"Don't say something that you don't mean it, wildcat." I put my hands into my pocket.

"I mean it. I miss you. I won't say it if I don't." I closed my eyes and tried to ignore all my emotions. Leila wrapped her arms around my body, hugging me tightly.

"My mind was filled with you. I wasn't able to enjoy my work and my day. I miss having you around, especially your attention." I looked down at her, and she smiled.

"I went on dates, but they all bored me. None of them were as annoying as you."

"Is that a compliment?" I hissed, and she giggled.

"It's a compliment."

"I concluded that you're not replaceable, Ares. Not to me." Her words made my whole body numb. "I think it would be impossible for me to replace you with someone else."

"Don't say shit when you don't mean it, Leila," I warned her.

"You came into my life and ruined my peace."

"Well, I'm-"

"Shut up!" My eyes widened when she said that.

"You should apologize to me for ruining my life, for making my life miserable, for breaking my heart, for making me cry, for making me sad. I want you to apologize." I was going to apologize, but...

"Kneel... and apologize." She's serious about it. I looked down to the floor, and I usually never bow or kneel to anyone. It's something that my dad made me do when I saw a kid not behaving well. It's a sign of weakness for him, and I loved making people kneel in front of me to show power.

It didn't take long for me to kneel in front of Leila. She was shocked because she took a step back.

"I'm sorry, Leila. I'm sorry for making your life miserable, I'm sorry for breaking your heart, I'm sorry for making you cry, and I'm sorry that I made you sad. I'm sorry for everything. I mean it." I said without looking at her.

"Apologize for taking my heart and swear you'll never give it back to me." I looked up at her, and she grabbed my hand, making me stand up.

"Leila, if you-"

"Say it!"

"I'm sorry for taking your heart, and I swear I'll never give it back to you again," I said, and she smiled. She squealed before hugging me.

"Now kiss me."

"You're bossy."

"Kiss me!"

"You're bossy and needy."

"Don't make me kick your balls!" She glared at me and cupped my face, but I pulled away.

"Ares!"

"Yes, wildcat?"

"If you don't kiss me in two seconds, I'm going to go on a date with Adam without you tonight." I kissed her, and she blushed.

"You're not going on a date with Adam." She kissed me and leaned closer to my ear.

"Fuck me tonight." She whispered.