Chapter 43 - ME

Ares Young

"You're acting like a love-sick puppy." Clyde sat beside me. I'm sitting in the stadium, looking at Leila, who's busy working. She still has three hours left until she's finished.

"What the hell are you doing here?" I turned to see Luna joining us with hotdogs on both hands.

"I'm having a date night with my girl." He made Luna sit between us.

"So... when will you paint me?" I asked Luna, and she chuckled.

"Usually, you ask me if I can paint you naked." She laughed and ignored Clyde's glare from the side.

"Not anymore. My naked body only belongs to Leila's eyes. Sorry, Morris, but I'll let you draw me and Leila for free... if you want." I said confidently, and Luna shook her head.

My eyes landed on Leila, who was coming towards us. She was pouting like a baby.

Fucking adorable.

"What? I have an empty grave ready behind the headquarters." I asked as she joined us. She gave me her camera and stole Luna's cold water.

"What happened?"

"I got scolded for accidentally uploading your pictures instead of the players. You look cute with glasses." She turned to me, pointing at her camera. I looked at the photos and chuckled.

"Never knew you were that obsessed with me. Quit the job, wildcat. The offer of becoming a stay-at-home girlfriend is still available for you." I said as I went through my photos. Luna laughed at my remarks, and Clyde shook his head, having his attention to the game.

"I'm going back." She grabbed the camera, but I stopped her.

"Kiss me." She shook her head as she looked around.

"Are you embarrassed?" I asked as I pushed my glasses up. She gave me a peck on the cheek and left.

"She's embarrassed. Who would want to have a boyfriend like you?" Clyde said, and I rolled my eyes. I stole Luna's hotdog, which made her almost scream at me. Her boyfriend nearly killed me for it, but she asked Clyde to buy her more hotdogs, and he got up immediately.

"Let's go."

"But I want to watch the game."

"I'm not going anywhere without you."

"This is all your fault!" She almost threw her bag at me. I gestured for her to go, and she followed Clyde to buy more food. My eyes were set on Leila again, and she loved her job too much. That's her only flaw.

Then, the seventh-inning stretch started.

I got up, planning to go to Leila, but people were gasping. I turned to see someone proposing on the second floor. Instead of keeping my attention to them, I walked towards Leila, who was busy taking pictures of the couple.

"So romantic," Leila said to Jaz, who also took the photos.

"What's romantic about it?" I asked, and Leila put her camera down.

"Don't ruin the moment, Ares." She hissed.

"It would be embarrassing if she said no."

"But she said yes." She continued to take more photos.

"If I proposed to you like that, will you say yes?" Both Leila and Jaz turned to me. Leila put down her camera and started beating me like I said something wrong.

"What? What did I do?"

"Stop talking, I'm working!" Jaz was giving me a weird look before getting back to her work. I sat on her chair, and Leila put down her camera to send the newest photo to the PR team.

"Can you finish early?" I asked, and she's ignoring me. "I'm bored with the game." Getting ignored. "Can we just go on a date right now?" And again. "Is it that time of the month?" Silent. "Do you want me to fuck you here as a punishment for ignoring me?" Jaz turned to me in horror, but Leila continued to ignore me.

I called Tim, "Bring me my sniper here. I have a couple in mind that I want to kill." Leila turned to me.

"What is wrong with you?" She hissed.

"You're ignoring me, and I'm just solving your riddle, wildcat."

"By what? By killing the happy couple?"

"Then talk to me." I smiled, and she sighed before turning to Jaz, eyeing her to leave us alone.

"I didn't like your question earlier."

"About me asking you if I propos-"

"Yes."

"Why?"

"Because I don't think I want to get married."

"Huh?"

"In general or to me?"

"To you." Ouch.

"And you plan to marry someone else in the future?" Her silence means that she did. "Let me make this clear for you, Leila. You-"

"It's not that I think about marrying someone else in the future, but I haven't thought about it in general. I mean, you can change your mind in the future. Who knows, you're sick of me and decided to break up with me." Jesus Christ.

"Leila, I thought about letting you go, but that was because I thought I would never be enough for you. You're not the problem here. I am." I pointed at myself. "That was before, but now... breaking up with you is not even in my dictionary, let alone decide about it. I never spent the night with a woman in my bed before, never had a girlfriend before, never bought a mansion before, never begged them to be a stay-at-home girlfriend before, but I did it with you, for you." She pouted, and her eyes filled with tears.

"I have thoughts about marrying you. I would be lying if I didn't. I hate calling you my girlfriend, and I want to brag about you and everyone that you're my wife. Leila Young fits you more than Leila Morrow." She chuckled as she wiped her tears.

"Doubt me again? I'll fuck you hear and drop a fucking bomb to kill everyone!" I hissed, and she nodded.

"The answer is no."

"What?"

"To the question earlier. You asked if you proposed to me here. Will I accept it or not?"

"Why?"

"I don't like the attention."

"Fine. I'll ask you in private then. In our bedroom." I smirked, teasing her. She glared at me. "So I can fuck you after you say yes."

"You're so confident that I'll say yes?"

"Of course, who can resist this?" I gestured my face and body.

"Me."