Chapter 34 - HOME

Ares Young

I opened my eyes slowly, looking up at the ceiling. My whole body hurts so bad that I can't even move. I got up slowly and cursed under my breath when I saw warning signs in Mandarin.

"Fucking Kaleb." I noticed that The Ravens sent their men to get me. I knew it right away by seeing their combat suits. They took me away and brought me to Beijing.

The doctors came in to check on me, and they all tried to speak to me. I vowed myself not to talk to Chinese since I came to America so I only gave them a nod or shook my head. After they were done examining me, Ariana walked in with Kaleb.

He looked like a dog with its owner.

"I'm going to fucking kill you both." I hissed as I ripped the IV off my skin. I looked down to see that they gave me bandages everywhere.

"I don't have any other choice."

"I was the one who took you here. She has zero idea," Kaleb said as he leaned against the wall. Ariana let out a sigh, and she sat on the seat beside the hospital bed.

"All I want is for you to show up in front of them for a couple of days, and that's it."

"And why should I do that? They already disowned me. Ah! They wanted me because I'm a billionaire now?" I talked to her in a sarcastic tone.

"Watch your fucking mouth, Young." I turned to Kaleb.

"You have your own Chihuahua now? He's fucking barking." I turned to Ariana, "And why aren't you married to Fred?"

"I'm not going to get married in general." My attention returned to Kaleb, who wasn't a fan of her words. It was clear he wanted more.

"So what happened to fulfilling Dad's wish? Are you a part of defying the parent's syndicate now?" Ariana glared at me, and then she turned to Kaleb.

"Someone ruined the wedding, so..." Suddenly, one of the doctors walked in and asked Ariana to fill in some data. She walked out with him, leaving me and Kaleb alone in the room.

"You're nothing but her fucking Chihuahua, Cesborn." I got up from the hospital bed and grabbed my phone with the screen that was already cracked.

I walked out of the room, walking past Ariana, who had no idea I walked out. The doctors tried to stop me, but I walked past them. My heart was heavy, and it's been two decades. When I was about to leave the hospital, I saw my mom.

When she saw me, her eyes filled with tears. I rolled my eyes, and she ran to me, hugging me tightly. Someone who sees her like this will think she is reunited with her lost son.

Jesus Christ.

"Yuxuan!" She cupped my face, crying like she had forgotten that she disowned me. My eyes fell on the kid behind her, who looked just like me when I was his age. He walked towards us, smiling.

"Zixuan, this is your brother." She spoke to him in Mandarin.

"Ares!" I turned to see Ariana walking out with Kaleb. She let out a sigh, and she turned to Mom and her little duck.

"Get me back to Seattle, or I'm going to kill all of you." I walked away, not caring that I don't know shit about Beijing. I knew that Asher would send someone to get me.

It's just a matter of time.

I heard my mom and Ariana call me, but I ignored them.

"Where are you going?" His voice made me turn around. "I heard you never returned to Beijing, so I figured out you're more comfortable talking in English."

"I'm not in the mood to talk to you. Don't tempt me to kill you."

"I've been wanting to meet you."

"Well, I don't. Get lost, kid." I walked across the street, but he was still following me.

"Baba talked about you all the time." I ignored him. I kept walking, not caring about where I was going. "He's proud of you."

"I'm Adam, by the way." He introduced himself, but I kept ignoring him. My eyes were glued to the big building in front of me. Our last names were displayed as big as they could on the top of the building.

"That's our building." Adam pointed.

"Your fucking building, I'm not your family."

"You're my big brother, and you can't deny that we share DNA." I walked away and looked at my phone. My fingers were itching to press Leila's name on the screen.

"I heard from Ariana that you're a member of the Bloodhounds." He stood beside me, and I wrapped my hand around his neck, wanting to choke him badly.

"If you say another word, I'll kill you." He raised his hands, surrendering. I let him go and continued to walk. Adam kept following me, and I was having difficulty breathing.

The stab wounds got me good.

"Mom, Yuxuan is sitting in front of the-" I glared at him, and he shut his mouth immediately. "He's doing fine. I'll stay with him." He said in Chinese.

"Until when are you going to run away, Ares?" Our head snapped to Ariana.

Great, we have a siblings reunion.

"You two are shitheads, I was done with your family two decades ago. I never wanted to go back or even try to rekindle our relationship. Leave me the fuck alone!" I couldn't control my emotions because I screamed at both of them.

"I have a knife in my pocket, Young." Kaleb stood behind Ariana like a guard dog. Fucking pathetic.

"Don't bark, Chihuahua!" I hissed.

"I know where you're coming from, Ares. I'm trying to understand here, but can you at least listen from Dad's perspective?" Adam walked towards Ariana, holding her hand.

"I never thought you were this mean," Adam said. I took a deep breath and looked at them three one last time before walking away. This time, they didn't even bother to follow me.

I walked around Beijing in throbbing pain.

My heart hurt. I kept rubbing it, and it's itching. I could feel my heart slowly beating slower than usual.

I never wanted to be here.

"Fuck." I ran my hands through my hair.