423-424

Chapter 423: Executed it

The first batch of mutton was several hundred catties, so the workshop was filled with all kinds of fragrances every day.

It made the people who were working and the people who passed by on the nearby streets extremely hungry.

Xirui and Liang Youxiao had just settled a deal for a batch of wool from another county when they smelled the fragrance.

The two of them suddenly felt extremely hungry.

They looked at each other and quickly walked into the workshop.

The two of them entered the workshop and walked towards the room that was the most fragrant.

The manservant at the door did not let them in.

Instead, he first reported to Shi Qingluo and only let them in after she agreed.

Xirui and Xirui didn't mind.

This room was related to the recipe for the canned food, so of course, those entering and leaving had to be strictly checked.

"Qingluo, you're making canned meat? This is too fragrant."

Xirui walked in and went up to Shi Qingluo, who was making meat stew with his men. "I'm so hungry. Can we have some?"

"No problem." Shi Qingluo replied with a smile.

"I've stewed red braised, yellow braised, and clear mutton soup. You guys try it."

So she served the two of them three jars of mutton that had just been stewed and were about to be sealed.

The two didn't stand on ceremony and picked up their chopsticks to taste it.

He quickly finished the red and braised mutton. "It's delicious. I'll have another serving of these two flavors."

Both of them had strong tastes, so they didn't like the jar with clear mutton soup that much.

Liang Youxiao couldn't help but sigh. "Qingluo, this can of mutton is too delicious."

Shi Qingluo laughed. "Of course. My mother-in-law, sister-in-law, and I have spent a few days adjusting the ingredients to make it taste so good."

"Can this can of mutton really last months without changing its smell or odor after it's done?" Liang Youxiao asked.

Shi Qingluo nodded. "It can. Otherwise, why would old Xiao and I go through so much trouble to open a canned food factory? If we don't put the mutton stew in the jars, it will go bad tomorrow on such a hot day."

The price of mutton had been lower recently, so it was a good time to make canned food in large quantities.

When the vegetation dried up in winter and there was heavy snow, not only would the sheep not be as fertile as they were now, but the number of sheep would also be reduced by a lot, and the price would go up a lot.

Therefore, stocking up more canned mutton and selling them in winter was the most cost-effective method.

Xi Rui ate it happily. "How long can you keep this can of mutton?"

Shi Qingluo replied, "It's not a problem to wait until winter. It can last for about half a year without going bad. And the taste won't change much. It'll still be as delicious as before."

"During winter..." she continued, "We put a can of mutton on the iron stove to stew. Everyone will sit around the stove and drink a few cups of wine. Isn't it a leisurely and enjoyable thing to do?"

It felt great to stew a jar of mutton or cook some vegetables for a hot pot in winter.

As expected, Xi Rui and Liang Youxiao both nodded. "That's true. It's satisfying just thinking about it!"