601-602

Chapter 601: His son was a demon, right?

Xiao Yuanshi was surprised to receive the letter.

It was the first time Xiao Hanzheng had asked to meet him.

He was just about to keep the letter, as it might be useful in the future.

Who knew that the words on the paper would actually disappear bit by bit?

Xiao Yuanshi was speechless.

Indeed, his son was more cunning than a fox.

It seemed that something special had been added to the ink.

As long as the letter was opened and read, the words would disappear.

Hence, no one would be able to find any evidence.

His eyes were filled with admiration and mixed feelings.

After sitting in the study room for a while, Xiao Yuanshi stood up and left the deputy governor's office when it was dark.

He didn't bring anyone with him, and he even deliberately shook off the two intelligent agents who were following him.

Then he entered a small teahouse in a remote alley.

He went upstairs to one of the private rooms.

When he walked in, he noticed Xiao Hanzheng preparing Kongfu tea while he sat.

His posture was elegant, like a noble master from the capital.

He walked over and sat down. "I didn't expect that we would have time to meet up for tea."

He didn't know if he was being sarcastic or happy.

Xiao Hanzheng had just finished making tea and handed him a cup. "Didn't you say you wanted to cooperate?"

Xiao Yuanshi took the teacup and smiled. "Are you looking for me to cooperate with you?"

Xiao Hanzheng didn't beat around the bush. "I won't go back on my promise to work with you to find the treasure."

Xiao Yuanshi was stunned. "There's some progress on the treasure?"

Xiao Hanzheng nodded. "That's right. The previous dynasty cooperated with Prince Jin's men. They will join forces to find the treasure soon. Those from the previous dynasty had frequent private contact with the Ge Kingdom. My guess is that the border has been politically unstable recently, and it often looks like a war is about to break out. They have joined forces to deliberately create this to attract your attention."

Xiao Yuanshi was surprised and said, "No wonder I felt something was wrong."

Logically speaking, the people of the Ge Kingdom should not have been so restless during this season.

The key was that the Daliang Army was not weak either, so the Ge Kingdom would not have much of an advantage if they started a war.

It turned out that they wanted to create chaos at the border so that when he and the third prince went to tone down the situation at the border, they could secretly go to find the treasure.

"Then, what's your purpose in meeting me today?" he asked.

Xiao Hanzheng saw that his scumbag father was already aware of where this was leading.

He had always known that other than being cold-blooded, there was nothing wrong with his father's agility and ability.

"Those from the previous dynasty had looked for Ge Chunying and asked her to steal your defense map."