635-636

Chapter 635: Unexpectedly Close at Hand

Shi Qingluo looked at Xi Rui and knew that he didn't think too much.

"Let me ask you a question. If you marry a wife in the future, how will you treat her?" she asked with a smile.

Xi Rui looked up at her and said honestly, "Bring her along to eat, drink, and have fun?"

"Cough cough..." King Yi, who was drinking tea, almost spat it out, but he still choked on it.

Shi Qingluo didn't expect Xi Rui to say that. She thought it was quite interesting.

"Will your family say things if you're bringing your wife out to eat, drink, and have fun?" she asked.

Xi Rui shook his head. "Of course not. My grandmother and mother said that I'm the youngest son and don't have to bear the responsibility of the Public House. My wife and I just have to live happily in the future."

He couldn't help but glance at Xiao Baili from the corner of his eyes. The tips of his ears turned red. "I'll treat my wife well too."

"If she wants to go out to play, I'll go out with her. If she wants to eat something, I'll cook with her."

"What if your elders don't like her, or she has a conflict with your elders?" Shi Qingluo asked.

Xi Rui thought for a moment. "That's not possible. My grandmother and mother are not evil mothers-in-law. They are very tolerant of their granddaughters-in-law."

"What if it happens?" Shi Qingluo asked. "What would you do?"

Xi Rui thought for a moment and said, "If my wife doesn't get along with the elders in the family, I won't go against the elders who love me because of this. But I can take her out to live and separate them. It'll be nice to stay far away."

Although he felt sorry for his wife, he couldn't let go of the love he had for his elders.

He would not make things difficult for his wife for the sake of his elders, nor would he contradict his elders for his wife. He would feel sorry for both sides and balance them.

Then, they could only live separately. When the time came, they would not be bothered by either side. He was really a smart guy.

Shi Qingluo saw Xi Rui's small eyes drift towards Bai Li, and then her ears turned red. She realized that this little tyrant was quite innocent.

"What if your family doesn't allow it?" she asked with a smile.

Xi Rui patted his chest. "I'm the most favored one in the family. If the elders don't allow it, I'll go and coax Grandmother and Mother. Then I'll stop eating until they agree."

This was what he used to do when he wanted to achieve something.

Everyone present was speechless. This method really made them speechless.

It had to be said that Xi Rui had been raised by the High Duke's Public House to be very innocent. Although he wasn't stupid, his personality was really simple and direct.

But to be honest, Shi Qingluo was moved by his words.

It meant that Xi Rui had never thought of tying his wife to the back of the house. He wanted to bring his wife along while he ate, drank, and played. This was good.

And he wouldn't let his wife be wronged by the elders. Although he couldn't go against the elders who loved him, he could still live elsewhere with his wife.

If Xi Rui had said that he could go against his elders for his wife, Qing Luo would have thought that his parents had given birth to a wooden club and that he might as well go back to the furnace and be reborn.