669-670

Chapter 669: Can't Be Unconvinced

When night fell, the soldiers on guard on the city wall yawned non-stop. Some of them even squatted on the ground and fell asleep.

Suddenly, two soldiers sneaked up to take a look. When they saw that everyone was unconscious, they were completely relieved.

During dinner, they secretly added sleeping pills to the soup.

Originally, they wanted to add poison, but the strong poison took effect too quickly, and it was easy to expose themselves.

The slow poison was too slow, so they used sleeping pills. The effect was indeed very good.

So they quickly went down and opened the gate of the border city.

The city gate was opened, and a Ge Kingdom general rushed in with his men.

He first looked around and found that the city was very quiet, which meant that the guards were indeed unconscious.

Then, he picked up the torch and waved it at the door.

Following that, the sound of horse hooves could be heard. The commander of the army charged in with a large group of people.

The people in border city were all waiting for Shi Qingluo to give the signal, and they were all hiding in the dark.

Shi Qingluo's patience was very good. She waited for the Ge commander to divide the army into several groups. Some went to burn the rations, some went to look for armaments and material warehouses, and some went to the army station to kill.

After all the Ge Kingdom generals and soldiers entered the city and separated, Shi Qingluo got the soldiers who were pretending to be asleep to get up and close the gate so that they could beat the dogs.

She came here in advance to set up a trap, so she naturally found out who the spy was.

The plan to use the sleeping drug was discussed by Ge Kingdom and the previous dynasty's forces, so this time, Shi Qingluo had also brought the antidote that her little husband had concocted.

The spy had drugged them with sleeping pills, and Shi Qingluo's men had also been drugged with antidotes, so all the sleeping soldiers had been instructed to pretend to be asleep.

Then, Shi Qingluo took out a firework signal and lit it. A red light flew into the sky and exploded.

This red light was very obvious at night. The general of Ge Kingdom was not stupid. After seeing it, he immediately felt that something was wrong.

Hence, he shouted, "Everyone, be careful!"

Then, he would weigh whether to continue or retreat.

But before he could confirm, arrows suddenly flew out from several tricky corners.

All the Ge Kingdom's scattered troops were hit by the arrow rain and suffered heavy losses.

The commander's expression changed when he saw this. He did not expect Daliang to be in ambush.

"Retreat, quickly retreat!" He pulled out his saber and was about to lead his men toward the city gate.

The soldiers who were supposed to be 'asleep' suddenly appeared in batches, catching the Ge Kingdom soldiers who were already in chaos by surprise.

Shi Qingluo did not put on her armor and went into battle. Instead, she kept releasing smoke signals.

Green, blue, and yellow exploded in the air.

Then, teams of special Daliang soldiers appeared. Other than those who shot arrows, there were also teams that specialized in hooking the horse's legs.

The Ge Kingdom cavalry could not display their full strength in the small city, and now they were falling off their horses.