685-686

Chapter 685: Isn't This Good?

It was Xiao Baili's first time meeting Xi Rui's mother, and she had a good impression of her.

The princess consort didn't look like a difficult mother-in-law and was very respectful to her family.

And now, she promised not to interfere with Xi Rui's backyard and not to let him take concubines, which made her very happy.

Although she liked Brother Rui, she was also nervous. After all, she was going to marry into the Xi Family.

Now that her future mother-in-law was so easy to get along with, she heaved a sigh of relief.

The Xi Family sincerely proposed marriage, and the Xiao Family agreed without any hesitation.

Then, the two families began to discuss the engagement.

After the princess consort left, news of the engagement between the Xi Family and the Xiao Family spread.

This news shocked many people. Obviously, they didn't expect the Xiao Family to marry Xiao Baili to Xi Rui, this silkpants.

Moreover, Xi Rui was born into a noble family. Even if he was a silkpants, he was doted on by the Empress Dowager, the Emperor, and the head of the Public House. Logically speaking, he should find a noble daughter to marry.

Especially since Xi Rui had become the dean of the Craftsman College, many families with high status wanted to marry their daughters to him.

Who would have thought that the Xi Family would propose marriage to the Xiao Family for Xi Rui?

The engagement between the two families also cut off those families and individuals who had intentions.

Of course, it also angered many people, such as the Sixth Prince and Miss Yan.

The Sixth Prince was determined to get Xiao Baili, but he didn't expect that b*stard Xi Rui would beat him to it.

He had smashed everything in the manor and scolded Xi Rui countless times.

The hatred of stealing his wife was irreconcilable. Even a blind woman like Xiao Baili made him bear a grudge.

When he was in a bad mood in the manor, he brought his personal guards out to drink in a restaurant.

At the Yan Residence, Miss Yan was so angry that she almost tore the handkerchief in her hand when she heard the news.

She was indignant. She was a talented woman in the capital and had an outstanding family background. How could the Xi Family treat her like this?

Previously, the Yan Family expressed their desire to marry the Xi Family, but the Xi Family did not agree.

She was even ridiculed and slandered by that silkpants Xi Rui.

But now, the Xi Family's princess consort had personally gone to the Xiao Family to propose marriage. This meant that she valued Xiao Baili very much and was doing the Xiao Family a favor.

The Xi Family must be blind.

Previously, she had looked down on Xi Rui's silkpants identity and was somewhat against marrying into the Xi Family. Now, she was very unwilling.

She was a talented noble daughter. How could she not compare to that peasant girl?

She was not convinced!

She couldn't take it lying down when she thought of Xi Rui's disdainful sarcasm and Xiao Baili's annoying look yesterday.

She thought of something and sent someone to inquire about the Sixth Prince.