699-700

Chapter 699: Shocked

Xiao Yuanshi was furious, but he had no choice but to sulk.

He didn't eat and asked his personal attendants to push him back to the inn.

In the following days, he would go to the alley opposite King Yi's mansion every day, hoping to see if there was a chance to meet his grandchildren.

Unfortunately, he never had the chance.

A few days later, Xiao Baili got married.

Xiao Yuanshi had complicated feelings toward his daughter, Xiao Baili.

On the one hand, he felt gratified and proud because she was his daughter and was becoming more and more outstanding.

On the other hand, he was unhappy because his daughter had tricked him before and refused to acknowledge him as her father.

Since he had come to the capital and his daughter was already married, it was better for her to marry into the High Duke's Public House. Xiao Yuanshi thought about it and decided to go to the silver shop in advance to buy a set of expensive jewelry and get someone to send it to King Yi's mansion.

Today, King Yi's estate was bustling with activity. Many people had come to the wedding banquet with gifts.

Therefore, Xiao Yuanshi's gift was not eye-catching and was placed in the storeroom.

Liang Hanzheng and King Yi's men had been keeping an eye on Xiao Yuanshi, so they knew about it. But since it was a big day, they put it aside for now.

Liang Hanzheng and his men went to the door and stopped Xi Rui who was coming to fetch the bride.

Xi Rui had brought his cousins and many friends who were good at literature or martial arts. After being put in a difficult position, he was finally let in.

Liang Baili's makeup was done for her by Shi Qingluo. She had used a little bit of trickery, and at first glance, she felt that she was extremely stunning.

After Xi Rui removed her veil, he was immersed in his wife's beauty and couldn't come out.

A woman's appearance was for the person who liked her. Liang Baili naturally hoped that her husband would like her makeup.

She cried for a while before Shi Qingluo helped her put on her makeup, so her makeup was not smudged.

After putting on the veil, Liang Hanzheng carried his sister out.

He handed his sister to Xi Rui.

Xi Rui was flamboyant and excited. When the bride got on the bridal sedan, he got on his horse too.

There were a total of 168 carriages carrying Liang Baili's dowry. When they arrived at the Xi Family, the dowry boxes were opened one after another.

Daliang was very popular with dowries, which meant that the bride's family valued their daughter.

Today, not only did the Xi Family set up many tables to entertain their colleagues, relatives, and friends in the court, but they also set up a hundred tables to entertain the people who wanted to attend the ceremony.

This also represented the importance they attached to Liang Baili. So many people were here to witness their wedding.

When the dowry was revealed, many people could not help but gasp.

The dowry was simply too much. Boxes of ancient books and paintings, boxes of shops, villages, and land deeds, countless gold, silver, and jewelry, as well as red corals, gold pearls, and black pearls from overseas.