679-680

Chapter 679: Definitely the Only One

It was already night time when Xiao Hanzheng returned home after dinner.

After showering, he returned to his room.

Shi Qingluo leaned against the soft couch and read a book. "You're back!"

As soon as she stood up, Xiao Hanzheng walked over quickly and put her on his lap.

"King Yi has entered the palace. The Emperor asked me to stay and talk about Mother's marriage."

"Has the time been set?" Shi Qingluo asked with a smile.

The imperial edict did not specify the exact time.

"The sixth of next month." Xiao Hanzheng replied.

Shi Qingluo was stunned. "Then there's only about ten days left."

Xiao Hanzheng nodded. "Yes, King Yi said that he was afraid that it would delay my return to North City."

"So he asked the Imperial Astronomical Supervisor to calculate and found that the best day in the next few months would be the sixth of next month."

Shi Qingluo laughed. "What's there to be afraid of delaying your return to North City? He's clearly the one who can't wait to marry Mother."

"Yeah," Xiao Hanzheng said with a smile. "He couldn't wait any longer."

"But this is good too. The sooner they get married, the sooner we can return to North City."

His mother was going to marry King Yi anyway, so what did it matter whether it was early or late?

Shi Qingluo nodded. "It's not bad to get married early. Anyway, the dowry we prepared for Mother is ready."

What they did not lack the most now was money, so she had prepared a generous dowry for her mother-in-law.

Not only did she buy a courtyard, a manor, fields, shops, paintings, furniture, cloth, furs, jewelry, etc., she also prepared a lot of silver notes.

Of course, the betrothal gift list given by King Yi was also very impressive. It could be considered as the foundation of an aristocratic family.

They didn't stay either. Instead, they prepared to let Kong Yuelan bring them back to the mansion.

They wanted to give Kong Yuelan face. Even if she married King Yi, they could still support her.

"After Mother gets married, will she still come back to the northern border with us?" she asked after some thought.

Xiao Hanzheng said, "King Yi means that he will take Mother back to the northern border a month after they get married."

"There are still some official matters in the northern borders that need King Yi to deal with."

The materials and money that Ge Kingdom had agreed to compensate had not been received yet, so King Yi had to go and ask for them personally.

He still had to negotiate with Ge Kingdom and set up some hidden traps at the border. Only by doing so could the Emperor be at ease.

Shi Qingluo nestled in his arms. "That's good. Otherwise, I really can't bear to be separated from Mother forever."

When the time came, they would all be in North City. Even if they didn't live together, they could still meet often and go shopping together.

Xiao Hanzheng touched her belly and said, "Mother is worried about you too. She said that she would stay by your side and watch her grandchildren being born."