533-534

Chapter 533: It was over

Liang Yujun was not surprised by Father Ruan's request to see him.

He wiped his mouth with a handkerchief. "Take him to the front hall and wait."

"Yes!" The butler replied respectfully.

Father Ruan was brought to the front hall.

He waited for a long time before he saw Prince Jin, who had arrived late.

His daughter dared to act willfully towards Prince Jin, but he didn't dare to.

He bowed respectfully. "Greetings, Your Highness!"

Liang Yujun walked to the head of the table and sat down. "What's the matter?"

Father Ruan's face was full of smiles.

"My daughter has been talking about Your Highness at home, so I came to ask when you would get someone to pick her up."

His daughter couldn't stay at their house all the time.

Now, the outsiders were starting to spread rumors, saying that his daughter had fallen out of favor.

Moreover, his insolent daughter was tyrannical at home.

She wanted to have the best food and enjoy the best of everything.

She also suppressed and bullied his concubines and illegitimate sons.

She also brought back an even more unruly granddaughter.

Their whole family was extremely annoyed and wanted to send her back immediately.

Liang Yujun picked up the tea that the servant girl had just served and asked, "Didn't she tell you why I wanted to send her back to her mother's home?"

When Father Ruan heard this, he realized that things were different from what he had expected.

"She said that she had a small conflict with Your Highness, so she went back to her mother's house to stay for a while." he said truthfully.

Liang Yujun blew on his tea and took a sip. "Small conflict? She even dared to say that. I sent her back to her home because she has already lost her position as a princess. To be precise, I divorced her. What right does she have to return to my residence?"

Her father was shocked. "What? She's been divorced."

How was this possible? Didn't His Highness pamper his daughter to the heavens?

His daughter had been acting recklessly and arrogantly before, but Prince Jin had always indulged her.

"That's right, we've divorced!" Liang Yujun said.

"She committed a crime in Heyang County. If it wasn't for me, she and her vicious daughter would have been in jail or exiled. Divorcing her is already a light punishment."

He briefly explained how Ruan Songling and her daughter had ordered people to set fire to Xiao Hanzheng and Shi Qingluo.

"As the price for not going to jail or being exiled, Ruan Songling and your Ruan family must build a cement road from Heyang County to the capital. I've already asked the housekeeper to check Ruan Songling's private property and all the gold and silver jewelry. It's not enough to repair the road. My people have calculated. After taking out Ruan Songling's money, your family still has to fork out 300, 000 taels of silver. I had originally sent someone to inform you to gather the money as soon as possible in the next few days. Now that you've come here yourself, you should quickly get this matter done."

When he sent Ruan Songling home, he deliberately didn't mention the matter of dethroning the princess and divorcing her.

He wanted to let Ruan Songling and her daughter continue to act like tyrants in the Ruan family.