691-692

Chapter 691: You Made the Right Choice

On the way back, because Shi Qingluo was pregnant and the Fifth Prince's wife was not in good health, the group did not rush.

Every time they went a place, they would stop a day to rest and stroll around.

The Fifth Princess Consort had a gentle and beautiful appearance. Because of her poor health, she gave people a feeling that she was too weak to stand up to the wind.

She was very gentle and spoke in a gentle voice, like a woman made of water.

Although her personality was different from Shi Qingluo, Xi Rong, and Xiao Baili, the few of them unexpectedly got along very well.

Xiao Hanzheng had helped the Fifth Princess Consort recover and she was feeling much better now.

Before this, there were always people beside her who said that her health was not good and she did not have children after marriage, so she was a burden to the Fifth Prince.

Because of this, she was a little depressed. If she was in a bad mood, her health would be even worse.

But because of the Fifth Prince's persistence, the fact that he had asked Xiao Hanzheng to treat her and brought her to the northern border, the knot in her heart was lifted.

When she was in a good mood, she became more cheerful and her body recovered faster.

Xi Rui and the Fifth Prince had a good relationship.

After having lunch in a county town, Shi Qingluo brought a few women out shopping.

Seeing his little Baili holding the Fifth Prince's wife and talking and laughing, Xi Rui asked the Fifth Prince, "Why did you follow us back to the northern border at such a critical time?"

Liang Hengyu knew what Xi Rui meant.

In the capital, Sixth Brother had been thrown to the southwest. Perhaps because his First Brother and Second Brother had plotted against Sixth Brother together, the two of them, who had always been competing openly and secretly, had actually joined forces.

What were they going to do together? Naturally, they wanted to pull the Crown Prince down.

Now was also the crucial period for the First and Second Brother to join forces to face the Crown Prince.

Liang Hengyu's gaze also landed on his wife, who had walked away. "It's precisely because it's the key that I don't want to get involved in that muddy water."

Other than the fact that he didn't think his Second Brother would be able to compete for that position, it was also because his Second Brother had stepped on his bottom line.

He really didn't expect that his brother would arrange for someone to be by his princess' side. After he left the capital alone in the northern border, he often instilled some negative things into her.

He wanted his princess consort to die of depression and then let him marry another princess consort who would be of help to his great cause.

His current wife was chosen by his father and belonged to the Qingliu faction. There were two censors in the family and they were loyal royalists. They would not take sides just because their daughter was married.

In his opinion, his wife's family was very smart. It was no wonder that he was put in an important position by his father.

Because his Second Brother could not win over his wife's family, he felt that he did not know how to appreciate kindness, so he wanted to abandon her. However, he had never asked for his opinion before taking action. This was too much.