641-642

Chapter 641: One Wrong Step, One Wrong Step

Tu Yujiao was imprisoned, and the Tu family was not spared either.

The head of the Tu family and the young masters and ladies of the Tu family were all brought back to the government office by the bailiffs.

Master Tu and the others were puzzled. What law had they broken?

On the way, Master Tu was still thinking about how he could not admit that Xiao Hanzheng had framed the Tu family, or how he could get out of the situation.

But when they arrived at the government office, Xiao Hanzheng sat in the seat of honor with a cold face.

"Master Tu, your daughter colluded with the Ge people to ambush King Yi and tried to rescue the Northern King and the princess of the previous dynasty. Do you know about this?"

Master Tu was stunned. "How is that possible? Did Lord Xiao misunderstand?"

Xiao Hanzheng sneered. "I went to help King Yi personally. I was asked by King Yi to bring Miss Tu back for interrogation."

"She suddenly appeared and stopped King Yi on his way to the capital. She said that she met some refugees and they wanted to snatch her away."

"And after she stopped King Yi's team, those refugees all turned into Ge Kingdom's elites and tried to rob the prison carriages with their sabers."

"King Yi personally saw your daughter colluding with those Ge Kingdom elites who were disguised as refugees. This is irrefutable evidence."

"And do you believe that this is a coincidence, Master Tu?"

Master Tu had been so busy recently because of the suppression that he really didn't know about this.

If Xiao Hanzheng was telling the truth, even a fool would not believe that it was a coincidence.

He turned to look at Madam Tu.

His wife's face was pale and she looked very anxious.

He immediately guessed that his wife should know something about his daughter going to King Yi.

"What's going on?" he asked Madam Tu.

He felt a little panic in his heart. If she was convicted of this crime, his family would be finished.

Madam Tu shook her head. "I don't know."

She then turned to Xiao Hanzheng. "My lord, words are not proof. Can you bring my daughter here and explain everything?"

She actually didn't know what was going on between her daughter and the refugees.

She only knew that his daughter had taken a fancy to King Yi and had been going to find him frequently recently, trying to attract his attention.

She was supportive of this. If her daughter could marry King Yi, not only would her status rise, but the Tu family would also benefit. They would no longer have to decline like they had recently.

However, she did not expect her daughter would be accused of colluding with the people of Ge Kingdom as a spy. This was absolutely impossible.

At this moment, she was also extremely flustered, so she desperately wanted to see her daughter.

Xiao Hanzheng did not object and asked someone to bring Tu Yujiao up.

Her eyes were swollen from crying. When she saw her family, she wanted to pounce on them. "Father, Mother, please save me!"

However, she was pulled back by the bailiffs and forced to kneel down.

Xiao Hanzheng interrogated her on the spot. At first, Tu Yujiao refused to admit anything and insisted that she had met King Yi by coincidence.