Ch 1 | Seventh Year

• Ch 1 | Seventh Year •

Y/n's Perspective

"Students of Hogwarts, you have been preparing for this moment since the start of your first academic year," Professor Hecat's voice rattled through the class.

"Your NEWTs exams are of the utmost importance, and they..."

Hecat's voice became distant and my gaze grew while observing the Defense Against the Dark Arts classroom on the first day.

"Time for a proper Hogwarts welcome,"

His voice still lingered.

Although it will be a second year at Hogwarts with the absence of Sebastian Sallow, his memory still loomed over me like a ghost.

Sometimes, I'd like to believe he was dead like Professor Fig. Maybe, that would be easier to process than knowing he was being tormented in a rotting cell. It might've been easier to imagine him free of suffering instead of wondering how much of himself was left around Dementors.

"Miss Y/l/n?"

My ears stopped vibrating and I heard the clear raspy voice of Professor Hecat's call on me in front of the seventh years.

I could hear audible chuckling from the students who had gathered nearby, and when I turned, Garreth Weasley and Eric Northcott were giggling.

Garreth Weasley.

I liked to think of him as a first crush. A first heartbreak.

Did I ever date him? No. Did he ever like me back? No. Did I have a daydreaming phase where we had a relationship of the ancient magic Hufflepuff girl and popular Gryffindor guy in my head since I first met him? Yes.

That was fifth year. And many things changed within the last two years to now eye him as a crush I once had — as if his beautiful green eyes and ginger curls weren't gawking at me.

"Um, yes, Professor Hecat?" I asked firmly as if my cheeks weren't burning from the spotlight.

"You're quite known to have the knowledge of advanced defensive spells at such an age. Do you care to show your classmates the incantation for Descendo?"

I passed my saliva and walked near the front of the class, taking a breath and adjusting my yellow tie as I stared at the training dummy in the middle.

My eyes tried focusing on the task, but they tend to linger around often. Instead, I eyed the students. How so many of us grew within the summer of our last year.