Ch 15 | It's Over

• Ch 15 | It's Over •

"You used me as an alibi,"
Olivia Rodrigo

Y/n's Perspective

"Are you going to the Quidditch game later?" Lenora's voice echoed through the dormitory.

I adjusted my black gloves and didn't turn once, "I can't. I was just sent an owl that I can't refuse."

"What? No! I thought you mentioned—"

"Well, things change, Lenora," I sighed, "Maybe, I'll go. Depends if I come back on time."

I wasn't lying.

I was sent an owl by a Hogsmeade villager that there was a camp full of poachers a little outside the Hogsmeade Valley. The area was usually a home for Mooncalfs, so the thought of them being hurt irked me.

Maybe, this was a sign that I didn't belong on those stands. I wasn't mentally, or physically ready to witness such a game, especially, with him in it.

"Are you telling me I made a lion crown for nothing?" Poppy Sweeting gasped whilst entering the dormitory, "What about yours?"

I turned, staring down at Poppy's Gryffindor attire, and furrowed my brows, "I-I wasn't aware we were full-on Gryffindors today?"

Poppy giggled, "Duh? Natty and Nelly play today. It would only be fair to support them! Since you no longer play Quidditch." She pointed.

Right. Poppy was right. Why would there be a reason to rule for the opposing team?

I nodded, "That's quite a nice gesture, Poppy...but I have to go."

"Promise if you come soon you'll join us?" Poppy threw in puppy eyes.

I smiled, "I promise, Poppy."

One thing about keeping promises is that when you don't keep them, people can get upset. I wasn't willing to see Poppy Sweeting upset, especially after everything she's helped me with lately.

      "Is that ancient witch!" A poacher let out at my presence,

I turned to the villains in a glance and prepared my wand as I cast Protego through their dark wizarding magic.

"You leave those animals alone!" I warned, throwing a spell at a poacher and breaking his red shield.

Sometimes, it felt nice to do this. Although it was draining at times, the feeling was soothing. After finishing off a defeat, it felt like a relief and a reset. I just tried not to let the magic get to me to the point where I'd become obsessed.