Ch 33 | The Breaking Point 2

Ch 33 | The Breaking Point 2If you feel confused/lost reading this chapter, I reference the old chapters, so you can go back to hem and puzzle in the two sides

If you feel confused/lost reading this chapter, I reference the old chapters, so you can go back to hem and puzzle in the two sides. :)
__

"I hear you whisper,
underneath your breath,
I hear your SOS,"
Lauren Daigle

Ch 1 | Seventh Year

Sebastian Sallow stood numb and in a daze over the green-themed bed. He sat quietly on the edge of it, his fingers curling around the unusual pin in his palms, examining it closely. His eyes were unnaturally focused on nothing, his mind still reeling from the memories of the dark prison cell.

It was difficult for him to understand the difference between freedom and being caged. He was free, in his Feldcroft home with his cursed twin, Anne Sallow. He should be grateful, but at what cost?

"Do you want some tea, Sebastian?" Anne Sallow offered, her hand placed over her hip to prevent pain from her injuries.

Sebastian's hazel eyes reflected on his pale sister. He felt guilt for letting her do everything for him since he came back. He should've been the one to help her.

Sebastian just shook his head.

"Has Ominis departed?" Sebastian asked lowly, his eyes still on his fist.

Although his best friend was blind, Ominis Gaunt took lots of courage to care for Sebastian post-Azkaban; but there were moments where Sebastian thought Ominis would figure out his truth.

"Yes. It's actually the first day of the seventh year." Anne Sallow let out in sadness at the thought, "The last year."

Sebastian blinked at the reminder. He wasn't thinking logically, but there was an emotion of despair of missing out on the very last year of Hogwarts. As if all those years spent in there since a child were a waste.

He said nothing. Instead, he spent the rest of his morning restless, rotting on that bed that he stayed in for weeks. No sleep, just overthinking, brainwashing thoughts.

There was a moment where he revealed the odd pin over himself again and plucked with it; his eyes beaming at it before it had invaded with past memories.

It was Sebastian's first day of fifth year. He saw himself younger and less traumatized in Professor Hecat's classroom. There was this smirk on his face that he would probably never gain back again.

And he saw her. Y/n Y/l/n — but he didn't feel so triggered by this memory. He felt at ease.

"Time for a proper Hogwarts welcome," Sebastian smirked at her.