Ch 13 | Giving Up

• Ch 13 | Giving Up •

Ch 13 | Giving Up

"When you come close, I just tremble,"
Paloma Faith

Y/n's Perspective

I attempted not to stare. It was self-challenging to even get to that point. To not stare at Sebastian Sallow, but here I was.

It hadn't even been 24 hours, but it seemed like time ticked slower than I could ever imagine. I wanted to believe it'd be faster now that he was here, but I was in an eternity loop.

if only you knew.

You will get better.

Sincerely, Y/n

I still wrote him letters. As said, not often, but there was this percentage of hope that was still in there. Even if the percentage was lowering to negative numbers, it was there.

I folded up the letter and shoved it underneath my twin mattress, where the rest of the letters were, not wanting to risk my roommates peeking over my drawers.

Breathing heavily, I sat on the edge of my bed and stared at absolutely nothing that morning.

Sebastian Sallow sat with Isabel Prewett on Divination that Tuesday.

That sinking feeling from my heart shifting to my stomach wasn't as hard as yesterday, but it did not change the uncomfortableness I felt toward the two together.

I've just convinced myself that Isabel Prewett wanted to prove a point and that to bother me and Sebastian Sallow not wanting to speak with me was like her lottery ticket.

It was gut-wrenching, but there was this delusional theory within myself that I knew Sebastian. I knew that it wouldn't last. I knew.

"Are you no longer on speaking terms with Sebastian Sallow?" Natty whispered beside me during the hand-reading lesson.

Sometimes, I wish I could've avoided the entire question as a whole, but it was impossible.

I cleared my throat, pushing a strand of my hair behind my ear, avoiding eye contact, "What? I-I don't know what you mean."

"Oh, Y/n," Natty sighed, "You know exactly what I mean..."

I stared up, wanting to hide my hurt from the topic, and confronted the worried brown eyes of Natsai Onai across from me.

"Things changed within the year, Natty," My eyes lowered back to her hand reading.

"I am sorry." Natty let out a sympathetic look.