Ch 26 | Lost and Found

• Ch 26 | Lost and Found •

"Trust that you betrayed,
confusion that still lingers,"
Olivia Rodrigo

Hello, it's Lokiniall. I apologize for such a long, awaited chapter. Life gets in the way, but I promise it won't happen again. If you're still here, thank you. Enjoy this very long chapter to make it up.

Y/n's Perspective

The train vibration beneath me felt heavier and heavier as it passed around the region; My eyes maintained in the fogged up rainy window beside me inside that cart as I tried to pretend as if Sebastian Sallow wasn't saying nonsense.

I wanted to ignore him. The weight on me the last month was heavy. The thoughts conflicted within me.

Firstly, I couldn't believe Sebastian Sallow was here. And he was talking to me. Me. Let alone, telling me the most outrageous news anyone could possibly hear. It seemed like a circus dream.

I've almost forgot I had stood up from the shock of seeing him, so it looked weird to confront, yet ignore his presence by looking out the window like a maniac. I needed to stand my ground.

My lips vibrated as my breath kept a steady, rapid pattern.

"No. I don't believe you."

I didn't want to look at him.

Merlin, I've dreamt of a moment like this one last time. To see him confront me without force, to see him look at me — now, I was breaking down the wall of opportunity.

My head was hazy, no wait, maybe my heart was. I didn't know how to feel or react — the moving train was no help. I began to feel my stomach turn from the turn of events. Ironically. And it wasn't motion sickness this time.

"You don't have to believe me, Y/n,"

There was just something about him saying my name. He said it so well and it's been a while since the perfect pronunciation slipped out his soft lips. His tone. I was almost lost.

"But please," Sebastian said, more in a whisper. We were inside a cart, but it seemed as if he was still playing it safe by keeping a low voice, "please, let me explain."

I couldn't tell if my eyes were still staring at the rainy window on the night view or staring at the reflection of the tall man behind me that all he aimed for was my attention.

I didn't know how long I stood there, but the train had made a stop, causing a slow movement and bringing me back to reality.

I let out a gasp, turning at the sound of carts from the distance, but turning meant also facing the man I was avoiding once and for all.