Ch 29 | The Nightmares

• Ch 26 | The Nightmares •

"I don't care how long it takes,
As long as I'm with you,"
d4vd

Third Person Perspective

There was a setting of awkwardness when it came to nighttime between Sebastian Sallow and Y/n Y/l/n. It seemed like a competition of silence and who would rest first since conversations were hard to produce.

Y/n Y/l/n lay in that bed, staring down at the ceiling as she wore that same pink one-piece she simply did not like. It was the only source available and bothering Agnes Coffey was not the right choice.

Sebastian Sallow lay over that long sofa. The man has never felt more relaxed in the last two years of his life. He felt some sort of piece of healing in his body, but he was afraid to close his eyes.

There was a thought within Sebastian that was grateful Y/n took away that permanent pain over his skin, but it was also unfortunate, considering now he had to experience an actual sleeping mindset.

His fingers wiggled within his resting state, not knowing whether to close his eyes or wait until dawn arrived to sleep at least 2 hours before REM sleep hit.

But it was far too late. Y/n healed him too much, he wasn't able to keep open and wait for her to sleep first.

Y/n did not see sleep for a few hours. Her eyes were on the ceiling for quite a while. She was afraid that if she turned to Sebastian, he'll probably be awake too.

When there was silence within the hour of midnight, Y/n slowly turned toward the living room area of the small home, eyeing the man sleeping on the sofa.

She felt bad for a moment that she got the bed and he got the sofa, especially, since between the two of them, Sebastian Sallow had gone through the worst, but it was too late. He was already asleep.

Y/n watched Sebastian. She almost stopped and felt creepy for staring so long, but she hadn't seen him sleep like this for years — yeah, a year. The last time she saw him be so peaceful was when they were in that small home in Lower Hogsfield. An intimate night.

Even from afar, she could see how his eyes rested nicely. How he moved like a dozen times in a span of thirty minutes on that long sofa like a child. At least he was asleep, she thought.

Y/n fell asleep watching Sebastian sleep. Her body tangled within those layers of blankets, and she still didn't know Sebastian had conjured the extras for her.

The sleep was peaceful until the myth dangerous hours came around to haunt them. Well, to haunt Sebastian Sallow, specifically.

As it was the first time Sebastian Sallow got some sort of sleep of more than two hours a night — the REM sleep entered, but it entered for the worst.