Ch 11 | Grasping

• Ch 11 | Grasping •

Ch 11 | Grasping

"Don't try to change my mind. I'm being cruel to be kind,"
Adele

Y/n's Perspective

For once, I didn't feel queasy, or any sort of symptom after taking the Floo Powder back to Feldcroft. It was a record. I wanted to thank my hurt instead; for being so high, it made me forget about the sensation.

Sebastian Sallow and I did not speak a word upon arriving at the familiar village. The silence between us was so loud you could hear the crickets chirp as we walked between the November leaves.

As we approached the familiar home, Anne Sallow stepped out of the main entrance in a lazy motion.

"Anne," I said in worry, knowing she was already in pain.

I walked rapidly as Sebastian walked slowly into the home and disappeared at my sight.

Anne opened her arms for a hug and soon, I found myself embracing her.

"Oh, Y/n, it's been a while," Anne said quietly, "I-I hope everything went well."

"It was." I lied, "How are you? How are you feeling? Is there anything—"

"Oh, do not worry about me. I would overcome this pain. It's just temporary." Anne clutched her sides, "I'm accustomed to it."

I gave her a nod, departing from the hug, and stood in the distance, not wanting to peek back into the home as Anne turned back.

"Did Sebastian get all the supplies he needed from Hogsmeade?"

"Yeah, he did." I let out, not wanting to speak on the overall topic of the experience.

Anne stared at me, already distinguishing the short answers coming out of my mouth and she sighed.

"Y/n, did my brother do anything to—"

"He didn't. Don't worry," I looked down in place, "S-Sebastian was well. He'll manage for the return." I swallowed, playing with my fingers.

I tried to hide the twang of guilt in my voice, but it was still noticeable as it hung in the cold air between us.

There was shuffling in the background of the home and I could hear Sebastian curse to himself, causing chaos alone.

"Has Ominis arrived?" I asked.

"Not yet."

I licked my lips, "Would you be able to manage him on your own? I know you are in pain and he's—"