Ch 33 | The Breaking Point 1

"Are you numb? Can you touch?
Is the silence a little too much?"
Niall Horan

Fifth Year

Sebastian Sallow's breath was heavy as he felt sweat trickle down his forehead from the dark corridors surrounding him. He was afraid. I mean, who wouldn't be scared of Azkaban? It was hell.

He knew his life was reflecting over his eyes. It was doomed. Over. But for some reason, Sebastian was more focused on the butterfly that still tickled in between his palms. How the basic hair pin was the only thing keeping him distracted from the darkness.

Sebastian Sallow needed to think fast. Super fast. In a span of minutes, if he doesn't hide or get rid of the artifact, it'll be taken away forever and all that effort on the Catacomb would've been useless.

Think, Sallow — think, Sebastian thought to himself.

He thought about Salazar Slytherin's Spellbook from the catacomb. His eyes closed, reflecting back on other possible spells that he might've came across; he was struggling.

The endless minute felt like an eternity and the walls of the prison seemed to be closing in on him with every passing second. The despair washed over him and the feeling of hopelessness consumed him.

In his mind, a spell came to mind. The spell to make things vanish, it could be his only hope in this moment. He focused on the spell, recalling the words and the motions he had to make. He was desperate to make a miracle happen.

The risk was at 1%. There was no way the spell would possibly be let through when the guards came again. And even if it did, it would prove how dark and life-threatening Salazar Slytherin's spells in that book really were.

Imagine if he had found the spell to save his sister, Anne?

Sebastian slightly jumped as the door was pushed open and the Aurors and wizarding guards re-entered the claustrophobic area where he was detained. Sweat drenched his Hogwarts uniform and his breathing was rapid. He felt an intense pressure rising in his chest as he knew this would be his last chance to make a miracle happen.

"Sebastian Sallow. Murder." A guard called out.

Sebastian held himself in place, not wanting to fight it. If he fought off those guards, only things would worsen. He stood numbly, his eyes still closed as he became violated.

Sebastian Sallow wasn't an emotional wizard. Ever since childhood, his past had repeatedly caused ruptures in his head than once he was of age, no matter how hurt he truly was, his emotions became hidden.