Ch 28 | Healing

• Ch 28 | Healing •

Ch 28 | Healing

Y/n's Perspective

The faint noise of a crowd voices woke me up that next morning, It took a minute to comprehend where I've been. All I really stared at was an old wooden ceiling for a moment before realizing where I actually was.

The home was dark. I had almost forgotten that there were pieces of wood nailed into the windows of the abandoned home. Only the noise of nature was my tell on morning since the setting still looked the same as last night.

I sat up lightly, feeling the pink one piece over my body not cover up the coldness from the air.

My eyes darted from left and right, taking in the empty scene around me. I was alone in the home. No Sebastian Sallow was nearby.

I wanted to wonder where he wandered off to, but I needed to leave. All my head really focused on right now was saving my grandma and confronting the Ministry. I couldn't stay hidden forever.

I glanced down at the dirty clothes from last night that I had laid on the bedside table.

They were still filthy, but being forced to wear the same sleepwear was getting under my skin and I needed to get out of this place.

No matter how powerful I was or how many incantations I've learned the last two years, I couldn't think of a cleaning spell in any way, so it gave me no choice, but to slip on the dirty pairs and sighed.

"At least I knew how to conjure a toothbrush." I said to myself.

As I brushed my teeth in the kitchen, I stared down into the sink, lost in thought.

I had to get out of here. My body was still tired after everything that had happened last night, but I couldn't afford to back down. The mission that had become my life's focus was now a high-stake one.

As I made my way back towards the bed, I suddenly stopped in my tracks, taking notice of the extra blankets that were there.

Was it always there? I've been sure when I laid there was only—

Startled from my thoughts, my head snapped away from the blankets at the sound of the door opening.

My eyes darted over to the entrance where Sebastian Sallow stood.

It took me a moment to fully comprehend what I was seeing, my mind still processing everything that had transpired over the last 24 hours.

Sebastian's face was pale as always, but his brown hair seemed fluffy. Almost a combination of wet and dry; had he taken a bath somewhere? He seemed fresh after everything that had happened, it made me feel dirty.