Ch 17 | Mixed Feels

• Ch 17 | Mixed Feels •

"He can't see the smile I'm faking,
And my hearts not breaking,"
Taylor Swift

Y/n's Perspective

My feet clicked lazily over the castle's stairs. The wand in my hand was still at my side as I held an unusual feeling of being protective. I know I shouldn't, but things escalated so quickly that night.

I tried keeping quiet from the steps, not wanting to interrupt any silence from the Hospital Wing, especially at this hour, but when I entered, only two students were in there.

Garreth Weasley and a younger boy, who seemed around a third year, with a hand entanglement jinx over him.

I wasn't sure how to explain anything to Garreth, but I knew there needed to be some sort of talk and I wanted to know how he was doing.

Garreth was sitting on the edge of the hospital bed. He wore a thin white tank top while his arms were wrapped with bandages. He still had a few cuts and bruises from Sebastian's attack, but he looked better than expected.

Garreth looked good, somehow.

He was staring out the arch window, almost admiring the vintage designs of it before he turned at my steps and spotted me.

I clutched my wand a little from the nerves, but I walked over slowly and swallowed as I spoke.

"Hey Garreth," I said, almost in a whisper. The Hospital Wing was silent, there needed to be music or something.

Garreth stared up at me. I was afraid he wouldn't want to speak, but despite his injuries and the situation, he still managed to give me a contagious smile.

"How are you feeling?" I asked, pointing at his arms.

Garreth turned to his arms, flexing them around, "I can still quite move," he chuckled, "Just a few cuts, but I guess that's normal though, in a fight,"

"Yeah," I stared, "I guess so."

"Nurse Blainey placed a few Dittany leaves over the cuts and it helped quite a lot." Garreth explained, "Might've stolen a few from her stash for some potion making later on."

I crossed my arms, laughing down at Garreth being Garreth. That's what he was known for, but I was glad there wasn't any awkwardness after what we just experienced.

"That sounds like you, stealing stuff." I joked, sitting down on the bed beside him, but then realizing my comfortableness, "Ugh, I apologize, I'm just tired and—"

"Hey," Garreth elbowed me, "I don't bite."

I sighed with a joke, "I hope not."

There was a peaceful white between Garreth Weasley and I. Almost like a close on the "not so-called" date of the night. It felt, nice.