Ch 3 | Brutal Reunion

• Ch 3 | Brutal Reunion •

Y/n's Perspective

The home was so silent, it was almost tangible. As if the air itself had been frozen in place, along with the cracking fireplace.

My movements and breathing seemed amplified, echoing loudly through the space, breaking the spell of the silence.

Sebastian wasn't saying anything. What I expected to be a heart-filled reunion was becoming more opposite than ever.

But I didn't want to give up.

I could feel my own feet move forward, opening my mouth as I called out his name once again.

"S-Sebastian?" I stuttered, nervous.

It was as if he had shut down, his mind numbed. I wanted to reach out to him, to try and comfort him, but I was also fearful of what the reaction would be.

"I wanted to be alone," Sebastian said.

His voice was deeper. Way deeper than what I last remembered. Perhaps, I envisioned such a joyful high-tone fifth year boy in my head the last year, I couldn't believe I was now confronting a mature, deep voiced man.

I swallowed my own saliva, keeping my hands tangled over my knitted dress below me.

"I know, and I would gladly respect that, but...I, I wanted to see you." I let out breathlessly.

Again, mute.

Sebastian just stared at the same fireplace. I fought the urge to shut it off with my wand to just make him watch me.

I walked forward again, slowly reaching out to touch Sebastian for the very first time in a year, hoping to establish some kind of connection between us.

But things weren't always sunshine and rainbows.

The dining room chair squeaked through that wooden floor loudly as Sebastian's body scrambled out of it and backed away from me from the attempted touch.

"Leave me alone." Sebastian hoarse out, turning his eyes away from me.

I could see the ravage of Azkaban on him, his body wracked with muscle spasms, and his mind clearly not his own.

My heart ached. I was sensitive already, but I've hoped for a warmer welcome, an indication that, maybe, possibly, we could've finally reconciled since the last time we saw each other.

"What?" I could feel my voice crack slightly, not wanting to believe that this was really happening. "Sebastian, don't do this."

Sebastian kept a frown.