Ch 9 | A Start

• Ch 9 | A Start •

Ch 9 | A Start

Y/n's Perspective

I sat lazily in the familiar Ministry Office, trying to fight off the awkwardness as two Aurors stood beside me, guarding the room.

I blinked, tapping my fingers over the chair, and sighed.

It wasn't often I was in the headquarters of the Ministry of Magic. Maybe, in the summer, I did dedicate time with them, but it was mandatory, considering I held a weird form of magic that they were interested in.

I couldn't refuse their orders. Even if I tried.

The door behind me opened and Minister Pius Thicknesse entered the office, adjusting his suit.

"Ah, Miss Y/l/n. It was nice of you to join us this morning." He cracked a smile, sitting on his seat.

I wiped my eyes and held in my yawn, "Well, it's not often I get a mandatory owl at 6AM on a school day to assist here."

"Hm, but I believe you took Floo Powder? Is that so? It should've been an under a minute travel."

"I did, before my stomach turned into knots and triggered my gag reflex," I kept my smile, "Travel was well though."

The minister ate a pastry from his desk and offered me one.

I refused.

"Good to see you arrived. How are you holding up? Have you completed the tasks over the summer?" He munched up his pastry.

I cleared my throat, "Uh, I've been getting there."

"Your magical records state that you haven't wielded much of your ancient magic lately. Are you not putting it to use?" Pius Thicknesse asked.

No, I was too busy worrying about the return of Sebastian Sallow.

"Uh, no, minister. I started my last year at Hogwarts and, NEWTs are an important priority this year." I explained.

"So, I'm aware....these NEWTs."

I wanted to produce a face of disgust at the way the minister chewed his breakfast in front of me, but I stood still.

"Records show you decided to follow the future path of becoming an Auror. Correct?" He looked down at the records.

"Yes."

The minister placed his pastry down on his desk, almost staining my own records, and leaned back in his chair, eyeing the Aurors beside me.

"You see these two people that stand on each of your side, Miss Y/l/n." He pointed at them.