Ch 14 | The Nickname

• Ch 14 | The Nickname •

Ch 14 | The Nickname

"From stranger to friends,
friends into lovers,
to strangers again,"
Celeste

Y/n's Perspective

"What's on your mind, my sweet?" My grandma let out, motioning me to come closer to her.

I visited my grandma, well, grams, almost every other weekend. She stayed at the edge of a hamlet called Pitt-Upon-Ford, right at the tip of the region. It was far, but I enjoyed the flying.

But it wasn't the weekend. It was only Wednesday morning, the day after the Astronomy chaos and I did miss class, but the Headmaster usually held a note that I might've been doing Ministry tasks.

I sat near, watching her knit a blanket using the softest fleece while rocking on her chair.

I sighed, letting my body rest lowly.

"How is he coping?" My grandma asked, detecting my body language.

My grandma knew about Sebastian Sallow. I told her the first weekend of meeting him. The truth about his new reality and the hurt that came with it. She was the only person I could fully open without judging.

Fifth Year

"Pitt-Upon-Ford has a Demiguise! Perfect!" I smiled to myself at the map view.

"Huh?" Sebastian's voice rose with confusion.

I turned to him as we climbed up the mountains after defeating a camp of goblins and rolled my eyes.

"My grams is near. I figure I might as well pay her a visit," I let out, "You're welcome to come, but I know you were going back to Feldcroft to see—"

"Grams, I hear?" Sebastian said in surprise, "Merlin, I never grew up to see my grandparents." He thought to himself, a finger on his chin.

"Uh, I'm so sorry about that?" I looked at the Slytherin across from me in confusion.

Sebastian let down his finger and smirked, "Does your grams know you have a boyfriend?"

I flushed at his question and laughed, "My grams? Part of the plan? Sallow, you're being absurd now."

Sebastian rolled his eyes, mimicking me, and continued to walk past, leaving me behind.

"I'm only joking," He said, turning at me, "Well, are you going to stand there or are we going to see grams?"

I was dumbfounded for a moment at his stance and his words. He seemed so confident and happy. I wanted to smile.

"Whatever, Sallow." I laughed it off, joining along.