Ch 35 | The Three Words

"Lovely to sit here,
between comfort and chaos,"
Lizzy McAlpine

Sebastian's Perpective

"Oh, it's lovely seeing you two here!" Agnes Coffey's voice resonated over the small home later that day, "I was beginning to think my food wasn't so great." She worried.

I looked down at Y/n, who let out a soft, barely audible laugh in response to Agnes sentence and I grew a smile within the actions.

"What? Of course not," Y/n assured, "Your food is splendid, Agnes. Merry Christmas." She greeted.

"Ah, Merry Christmas, Emilia!"

There was a chuckle that wanted to escape me from the reminder of the false name given. Sometimes, I wanted to crack the truth and say the real name, but for safety reasons, it was the best I could've done.

As Agnes gave an unexpected hug to Y/n, I could see Y/n's glowy eyes stare at me with confusion and care as she was reminded of the name change.

I kept a smile, scanning around the full house and looking at the children and families squeeze themselves in. It seemed like the hamlet itself was all present. It was a tight setting, but it seemed nice to enjoy a holiday in such times.

Within my eye's reach, I could sense a pair of eyes on me from the far corner as I focused a little more toward the children's corner, I turned eye to eye with Colin Coffey.

There was a sinister, yet innocent stare that projected out of the child toward me. I felt startled for the moment, but kept myself together as I walked over to him.

As I did that, I tried to keep my thoughts in place, considering Colin knew Legilimens and the worst I could've done was invade him with inappropriate thoughts I could've exposed over Y/n.

"Colin,"

Colin stood sitting in the far corner of a window, separated from the kids as they all opened and played with their wooden presents.

"Sir Sallow," His blue eyes gazed up at me, but kept a muted smile, "Merry Christmas."

"Merry Christmas, Colin." I said back, keeping my hands over my pockets as I tried to read him, "Is everything alright?"

I found myself sitting uncomfortably next to him on the edge of that window, my knees folding more as I tried to adjust to his sight and communicate.

Colin's blue eyes were fixated across and as I mirrored his stare, I took notice of Y/n, who was standing there with a forced smile greeting everyone with care.