Ch 27 | The Safekeeping

• Ch 27 | The Safekeeping •

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

• Ch 27 | The Safekeeping •

"We're growing apart, but
we pull it together,
The Fray

Y/n's Perspective

"It's fine." I forced out.

It wasn't fine. Nothing was fine. That bag held many things. Not evidence, but it held a handful of things that could've helped me along the way. Were they replaceable? Perhaps, but it was too late.

I tried to maintain a positive mindset. The only reason Sebastian forgot my bag was because he was in a rush, and needed to hold my hand to apparate us. It wasn't on purpose. He wouldn't be that cruel. Would he?

"I-It's not." Sebastian's fingers still clutched a little on the grass beneath us.

I've almost forgotten about the excruciating pain he might've felt from the Crucio spell and it pained me to even think about it.

I sighed, "I said it's fine. There's no clear evidence inside that bag. It was just for safety. Just potions and a few papers."

Sebastian struggled to stand up, clutching a wide hand under his arm as he adjusted himself over me and cleared his throat.

"W-What papers, may I ask?"

I shrugged, not wanting to be too detailed, "Nothing important. I suppose a last letter from my grandma might've been there. That's all." I bit the inside of my lip at the thought.

"That is enough evidence." Sebastian corrected bitterly as if it had been my fault.

Although he was in pain, his presence  bothered me. It seemed like I still held a grudge over him from everything that had happened and it became difficult to maintain a proper positive conversation.

Lots of love, grandma

I blinked, thinking back to the last owl my grandma had sent, and squinted, realizing that if it were true about my grandma being not safe, the letter wasn't from her.

"Is it really?" I asked, keeping my view in the abandoned houses around, "It was grams last letter. I predict it might've not been her if the rumors are true."

Sebastian stood quiet.

"So, what? Was it her, Sebastian?" I frowned.

Sebastian's jaw clenched beside me, but took a breath, ignoring his pain, and looked down.

"It was probably you that—"

"It wasn't." Sebastian cut in, "If I were to write it, don't you think I would've added Grams in the end? I'll be a lot smarter."