Ch 20 | The Missing Touch

• Ch 20 | The Missing Touch •

Ch 20 | The Missing Touch

"I wonder if my mind just
leaves out all the bad parts,"
Julia Michaels & Niall Horan

Y/n's Perspective

I entered that Hufflepuff dormitory that afternoon, feeling a deep sense of sorrow and unease. The walk from the Quidditch stands to here felt like a hell of an eternity.

It pissed me off. It pissed me off that the negativity of Sebastian Sallow yelling at me affected me more than the positive aspect of Garreth Weasley asking me out for a hot chocolate. It was annoying that it was affecting my headspace.

"Oh, hey, Y/n!" Poppy's voice soothed out from the dormitory.

I shut the door behind me and sighed, closing my eyes whilst doing that and prepared to either show a face of excitement or a face of shame.

My throat cleared and I turned, spreading a false smile as I removed my winter garments.

"Poppy! Hey...I thought you were in the Vivarium?"

Poppy sat at the edge of her bed and giggled, "Oh, Y/n, it's been like hours since you left! As much as I'll live there, I have to come back."

I gave a nod and slipped away my scarf and hat, trying my best not to show any expression of concern or defeat.

"Have the others not come by?" I asked, referring to Lenora and Adelaide.

"Hm, not yet. Perhaps, they might've gone to the kitchens for some hot soup or so..." Poppy answers, "I thought you were with them? Or did someone else accompany you?"

I stood quiet, letting my body go flatly over that bed, and closed my eyes.

"It got too chilly." I lied, "Came back..."

"What about Garreth?"

"Oh...yeah, it was....it was great." I swallowed, "He actually, uh, invited me for some hot chocolate at the Great Hall tonight."

There was a hint of joy at Poppy's actions at my reveal and I could hear her stand up from her bed, jumping over mine as she sat beside me.

"That's amazing! This could be the start of...something." Poppy tried encouraging, "What are you wearing?!"

I needed Poppy's boost with this. She had this gift of encouragement and motivation, I began to follow along with her words instead of feeling low from earlier.

I finally grew a real smile and turned to her next to me, "No clue! What do you recommend, Poppy?"

      "Well?"