Ch 7 | First Tension

• Ch 7 | First Tension •

Ch 7 | First Tension

"Only if you knew, how much I liked you,"
Conan Gray

Y/n's Perspective

I don't think I've ever had a proper sleep in my life. Maybe, that was the loophole of being known with the power of ancient magic. Consequences into my life.

The lack of rest began to take a toll on my mind and body. With each passing hour, the inflation under my eyes started to feel heavier. Darker.

"Y/n?" A muffled voice pulled me back to reality.

My sight came back to my half-finished excerpt from the Herbology book below me. It took me seconds to remind myself that I was having a library study session with Lenora Everleigh.

We weren't the best roommates. Lenora and I shared complete opposite interests, but she was looking for someone to study with her in the library for the Herbology exam tomorrow and I needed peace from a long week. It was beneficial.

"Hm?" I said in my sleepy voice, removing my hand that was resting on my chin.

"Were you listening to me?" Lenora whispered, leaning in with her book.

"I'm sorry, Lenora...it's been a long first week of school." I said back.

"I know. NEWTs are already a pain in the...arse," Lenora flushed knowing she didn't like cursing, "You seem tired. I noticed you have been taking baths late at night. Are you alright?"

I felt my face heat up a little at her truth and leaned back in my seat, "Y-You hear me? I was sure the entire dormitory was sleeping around that time."

"We are, but I have a light sleep. I figure you'll probably be fighting magical monsters again. Are you?" Lenora whispered in excitement.

"No," I said bluntly.

Lenora wasn't annoying, but she spoke a bit too much than the others. Her curiosity was high and if I wasn't paying attention, she'll get truth out of me and will tell the rest of the Hufflepuff gossip crew.

My eyes lowered back onto the book, reading back to the paragraphs I got lost in and tried to concentrate.

"Hey, look who's with us tonight." Lenora bothered again, "9 o'clock."

My eyes looked up, raising, "9 o'what?"

Lenora sighed in displeasure, "Ugh, 9 o'clock, Y/n. Remember? It's the coding words to look at that direction like a clock."

I was confused, my head already foggy from all the stress, and followed her coding words, looking to my right.

"No, not my 9. You're 9." Lenora rolled her eyes.